Mboweni and Dlamini Zuma tell mayors to use public transport

ForceFate

Honorary Master
What does a mayor need a GL63 with mood lighting and a massage seat for? A Toyota Fortuner works just as well.:)

thechamp

Honorary Master
What does a mayor need a GL63 with mood lighting and a massage seat for? A Toyota Fortuner works just as well.:)
I think it's fair to ask the same with a Minister, while I agree with this in principle, it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to see a fat cat minister complaining about a Mayor's wasteful expenditure.

Won't it be good if Tito and NDZ were to take us as the public into their confidence on all the luxuries they have cut off as Ministers, maybe It would be believable then that their concerns are coming from a good place.

Craig

Honorary Master
:confused: actually a used Toyota Yaris would also do the job.
Maybe at best a new corolla. Or a fleet of new corolla's that they can all share when needed. Muni's also have lots of vehicles that the mayors can use. Same with the ministers, but a fleet of entry level cars and let them share it as needed.

If they don't like it they can buy their own expensive cars.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I can not see why do they have all those perks?!

You get salary buy your own car. Not that they have small salaries.
Like a normal corporate - unless you are a in field services, get your own damn ass to work!

A modest car-allowance I can accept, if they travel a lot - most corporates cater for this as well.

R13...

Honorary Master
Why don't all government officials use cars bought out of their own salaries rather than needing tax payers who already pay their fat salaries to fund their cars?

sox63

Executive Member
Why don't all government officials use cars bought out of their own salaries rather than needing tax payers who already pay their fat salaries to fund their cars?
Because Gov would have to reimburse them the business travel kms and that could end up being a bigger bill than the buying and maintenance of reasonable cars. Key word being reasonable...

The_MAC

Executive Member
Because Gov would have to reimburse them the business travel kms and that could end up being a bigger bill than the buying and maintenance of reasonable cars. Key word being reasonable...
Ok, a fleet of Corolla's - and well managed petrol cards