MBX4K Ranger Netflix Error (This version of Netflix app is not compatible with your device -13)

T3chnlgydude

Hi

I won this device in a competition......

Anyone know of a possible workaround for this? Seems like Netflix is not supporting this device anymore?

Don't get any response from the Mediabox support?

The Netflix app does show on the Google Play Store, so not sure why it is not working when I install it from there?

Any ideas or feedback will be appreciated

Soprono

Expert Member
The device isn't a certified Google device meaning it doesn't have the correct encryption support on it that Netflix requires.

There used to be a way of sideloading an older Netflix APK but I'm not sure what the status of that is and if it's still possible (I presume so). Other than that your pretty much out of luck to get official support from them.

T3chnlgydude

The device isn't a certified Google device meaning it doesn't have the correct encryption support on it that Netflix requires.

There used to be a way of sideloading an older Netflix APK but I'm not sure what the status of that is and if it's still possible (I presume so). Other than that your pretty much out of luck to get official support from them.

Thanks. Will be selling the device then. No use struggling with a device that does not support Netflix. According to their website they are Google Certified. Might have changed and they did not update it yet?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Thanks. Will be selling the device then. No use struggling with a device that does not support Netflix. According to their website they are Google Certified. Might have changed and they did not update it yet?
Google and Netflix are seperate certifications.

You can have Google Certification without the Netflix Certification