Mcdonald's app 90c boerie burger

Jings

Honorary Master
Don't know what they were thinking removing bacon from all the SA menus. Perhaps they were trying to copy Burger King. Since then it's all gone down hill. Something's not quite right about the meat. It haunts me. The ice-cream is still nice though.

If this were Mcdonald's 90c app deal I'd be signing up really quickly. I remember some years back grabbing one for breakfast at the drive-through a Saturday morning before shopping.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/product/bacon-egg-mcmuffin.html

Don't know what they were thinking removing bacon from all the SA menus.
We know who we have to think for that.
In large swathes of London you cant find a pizza with ham or bacon on it.
Once again, we know who we have to think for that,don't we.

Coming back to SA, McD mcmuffin burgers are often chicken, not pork
And we know who we have to thank for that.

Thank Gd there are still someplaces who don't/refuseto be coerced by judicial councils or marketing.

Jings

Honorary Master

Thank Gd there are still someplaces who don't/refuseto be coerced by judicial councils or marketing.
McDonald's SA is halaal? If so their boerie burger is not real boerewors.

Is there a reason why they don't cater for the non halaal market too?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Don't know what they were thinking removing bacon from all the SA menus. Perhaps they were trying to copy Burger King. Since then it's all gone down hill. Something's not quite right about the meat. It haunts me. The ice-cream is still nice though.
As far as I can recall McDs in SA has always been Halaal so you got that a little backwards.

Jings

Honorary Master
As far as I can recall McDs in SA has always been Halaal so you got that a little backwards.
Weren't there a change of owners? Cyril Ramaphosa used to own the McDonald's chain but he sold it in 2016 iirc. A few years back I was still buying bacon and egg breakfast muffins. They were my favourite on the menu, and I'm not going senile yet.

Edit: Is Burger King halaal too?

Last edited:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Weren't there a change of owners? Cyril Ramaphosa used to own the McDonald's chain but he sold it in 2016 iirc. A few years back I was still buying bacon and egg breakfast muffins. They were my favourite on the menu, and I'm not going senile yet.

It must have been more than a few years ago. I did a quick google and McDs has had halaal status at all their stores since at least 2008. Regardless of the exact date they clearly predate BKs decision to also be 100% halaal when they first opened in SA back in 2013.

Jings

Honorary Master
It must have been more than a few years ago. I did a quick google and McDs has had halaal status at all their stores since at least 2008. Regardless of the exact date they clearly predate BKs decision to also be 100% halaal when they first opened in SA back in 2013.
You could be right about the number of years. It didn’t seem that long ago.

Strange that both franchises cater for halaal only when majority consumers are non Muslim.

adamr

Executive Member

Lol ...there never was bacon or ham in any of the MacDonald SA menu items. Your senses were duped man. It was turkey slices in those mcmuffins.

It's now chicken slices

FAIL level: epic

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You could be right about the number of years. It didn’t seem that long ago.

Strange that both franchises cater for halaal only when majority consumers are non Muslim.
It's a numbers game. They gain more potential customers by being halaal. :eek:

Jings

Honorary Master
Lol ...there never was bacon or ham in any of the MacDonald SA menu items. Your senses were duped man. It was turkey slices in those mcmuffins.

It's now chicken slices

FAIL level: epic
Turkey slices that look and taste like bacon, interesting.
It's a numbers game. They gain more potential customers by being halaal. :eek:
Probably trying to make up for the ones they lose. So many complaints about the food quality, especially Burger King. After seeing the pic of the burgers posted by that mom on Twitter it put me off from ever buying from them. :sick:

Suspect99

Expert Member
Turkey slices that look and taste like bacon, interesting.Probably trying to make up for the ones they lose. So many complaints about the food quality, especially Burger King. After seeing the pic of the burgers posted by that mom on Twitter it put me off from ever buying from them. :sick:
Macdonalds in SA has never had bacon. You're imagining things

adamr

Executive Member
Turkey slices that look and taste like bacon, interesting.Probably trying to make up for the ones they lose. So many complaints about the food quality, especially Burger King. After seeing the pic of the burgers posted by that mom on Twitter it put me off from ever buying from them. :sick:
Take it from everyone ... Macdonalds SA like everyone said never ever had bacon ... It was turkey and later they changed to chicken

1. You maybe were eating from a knock off MacDonalds chain

Or

2. Your taste buds and eyes duped you into thinking that turkey was bacon

(Love that yahoo post )

You have successfully been upgraded to "grand epic FAIL"

signates

Expert Member

I would really like to know who we have to thank for that.

Jings

Honorary Master
Take it from everyone ... Macdonalds SA like everyone said never ever had bacon ... It was turkey and later they changed to chicken

1. You maybe were eating from a knock off MacDonalds chain

Or

2. Your taste buds and eyes duped you into thinking that turkey was bacon

(Love that yahoo post )

You have successfully been upgraded to "grand epic FAIL"
If they were high they would remember that. McD’s has never had bacon on its menu in this country
Not high, hangovers. My friends remember and so does my husband. It was good hangover food.

I'm not the one with a bad memory.

Edit: Actually it's still in the cache for the WikiZero website.

Last edited: