Meat/braai Smoker help

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Like I said earlier... the smoker is not there to cook the meat... it takes 15minutes to smoke the meat, and then you braai it. It doesn't take long for the smoke to penetrate the meat, and after a very short while no more smokey flavour is consumed by the meat.

but but ...i want this

Beef-Rib-J-Mueller-e1374248712400.jpg

the darkness comes from long smoking

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
That comes from relatively hot smoking for hours on end....

And you won't be able to do that with a R1300 device.. you will need something a bit beefer.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
That comes from relatively hot smoking for hours on end....

And you won't be able to do that with a R1300 device.. you will need something a bit beefer.

yeah a buddy built him a drum smoker ..costed him R1300

and he got some good ribs

T-Rad

Thanks for the feedback all...the dream would be to have the real deal that can smoke meat until it falls off the bone, but I need to win the lotto for that one :) so for now I think I might go with the LKs one...he'll just have to plan ahead if he wants to smoke and braai :D

-db-

Happening now. Brisket. And the smoky vibes are insane, just gotta know what you're doing. That's oak wood, fyi

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I just use me Weber for Smoking, does the job just fine.... I have smoked the following in it before..

Fish (Snoek)
Chicken (Free Range)
Mozarella (To drunk to remember what the Mozarella was on.)
Beef Strip....
Turkey, took a long time..

I want to try and smoke a duck in the coming weeks....

:)

Grant smoke bbq

I went the whole hog and built a full size .here is a pic and my brisket.
I use home made charcoal and oak and hickory chips mixed.
f6cff58ced8d9db20719ce2b3b357317.jpg

36ea85273162d2bf357029683499d603.jpg

-db-

Gooi lekker dry rub on the chicken. I used a base of biltong powder, paprika, salt pepper, bit of sugar, chilli powder, ROBERTSON garlic powder aaaand some other stuff. indirect in the weber for about 2 hours till a bit crispy. I use fire bricks as coal barriers because its works super well. Then once done, melt a 1/4 block butter, mix in however much sriracha or whatever chilli sauce you want in, then dip aaaalllll da wingz in it and pile em up. Eat directly off the pile, preferably standing