Mecer 2400VA Inverter (Community Support)

djbrendan

Expert Member
'twas...been running a full simulation since 7.27am :sneaky:
What size batteries? 7.27am this morning and lost 25% isn't going to last you long

My simulation(700w) was tested at full as well, running everything possible for 2 hours straight on a full 25-50% load , it lost only 25% at the end of the 2 hours

MirageF1

Expert Member
What size batteries? 7.27am this morning and lost 25% isn't going to last you long

My simulation(700w) was tested at full as well, running everything possible for 2 hours straight on a full 25-50% load , it lost only 25% at the end of the 2 hours
Dude...the moment load is placed on batts it will drop to 75-100% on display ( been discussed ad nauseum already)
Makes absolute sense seeing as the digital gauge is wholefully inadequate ( coarsely graduated)

Been going 1.5 hrs already and still showing 3/4 bars.... :thumbsup:

Attachments

MirageF1

Expert Member
Dude...the moment load is placed on batts it will drop to 75-100% on display ( been discussed ad nauseum already)
Makes absolute sense seeing as the digital gauge is wholefully inadequate ( coarsely graduated)

Been going 1.5 hrs already and still showing 3/4 bars.... :thumbsup:
Inverter display still on 3/4 bars (75-100%) after 2.5 hours but have switched inverter back to AC power as voltage showing 24.2V and don't want to push batteries too much...

Result fits in perfectly with my calcs.

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
Where did you get those from? And do you know if they had ones that would cater for a 48V system?
i bought them donkeys years ago off eBay
most DC meters are rated at 5-30v or 0-100v DC

assuming you want to see what each of your 4 batteries is reading i would get 4 of these

and then 1 of these to read the entire bank

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
let's assume the batteries go out of balance, what can one do to rectify? 24V & 48V.
nothing really coz they shouldnt go out of balance by much more than 0.5v when in series.
But if they do then disconnect the entire array and recharge each battery manually with a 12v charger.

Then assemble your array again. But in all honesty your batteries should all be within tolerance to ea other at all times

thehuman

Expert Member
let's assume the batteries go out of balance, what can one do to rectify? 24V & 48V.
I have ordered one of these
[US$21.54 38% OFF]Battery Equalizer HA01 HA02 Batteries Voltage Balancer Lead Acid Battery Charger Regulators Connected In Series Solar Panel Cell Electrical Equipment & Supplies from Tools, Industrial & Scientific on banggood.com
Waiting to arrive.

Danny Boy

assuming you want to see what each of your 4 batteries is reading i would get 4 of these

Or if you can't wait that long (although Banggood is not that slow) look on BidorBuy.

I can really recommend LED Select! - Search for "0-100v"

Edit: @Neuk_

Neuk_

Expert Member

Thanks.

Getting my batteries is a bit of a pain as they are in a cabinet so looking at reading the entire bank for now which is simple off the inverter DC inputs.

DeSLAM

I run a 2400LBKS KIT to power a Router, ATA and ONT during load shedding only.

My experience - after 11 months, the inverter starts making a B-r-r-r-r noise on the ATA connected phones when there is a power outage, and only then, meaning when the 2400LBKS is feeding power to the router, ATA and ONT.

MUSTEK were out of stock of 2400LBKS replacements when we called the dealer who sold it to us.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I run a 2400LBKS KIT to power a Router, ATA and ONT during load shedding only.

My experience - after 11 months, the inverter starts making a B-r-r-r-r noise on the ATA connected phones when there is a power outage, and only then, meaning when the 2400LBKS is feeding the set-up power.

MUSTEK were out of stock of 2400LBKS replacements when we called the dealer who sold it to us.
Eta is only end of april for 2400, might be even longer now. But think they have motherboard replacements.