Mecer 2400VA Inverter (Community Support)

RedViking

Nord of the South
Still waiting for mine to arrive No rush though, just think we'll be loadsheded hard in winter.

Pc boxes on desks ain't for me. I'm old school, it belongs on the floor gathering dust.
I still need to put in a shelve on the right so the printer can go there and the PC box in the corner.... Oh and the other reason is my cables are too short. I need to sort some of them out. Not that there is any space under my desk. :X3:

RedViking

Nord of the South
I disliked my Mecer , eventually gave it away. The Ellies one is much better.
Would you mind sharing why?

I know they are both cheap modified sine. Reading the responses the Ellies seem to be very loud.

RedViking

Nord of the South
The Ellies is quieter once charged.
The problem is when on battery. When the Mecer is fully charged it is completely silent.

/I will make another sound recording for that. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Dan C

Honorary Master
The problem is when on battery. When the Mecer is fully charged it is completely silent.

/I will make another sound recording for that. Don't know why I didn't think of that.
OK maybe they have fixed the software. Mine was freaking spinning all the time whether fully charged or not. This was a model from about 4 years ago.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Agreed, it's a common theme I noticed from from time on the boards. I'm suprised to hear someone say that they prefer Ellis.
Are there better prices for the Ellies thats on takealot? At that price one can rather invest in a pure sine inverter.

1553796655274.png

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
OK maybe they have fixed the software. Mine was freaking spinning all the time weather fully charged or not. This was a model from about 4 years ago.
Yes, that was fixed + quieter fan. (wonder if I can install an even quieter one).
Other pro's and con's besides the annoying fan?

HeftyCrab

Expert Member

They probably updated the Mecer some time. Every review I had seen untill now said that the fan never stops spinning.

EDIT: See you posted about an update.

Nice review.

I wonder how we can tell the difference between old stock (where the fan never turns off) and the updated stock.

Last edited: