AlphaJohn

Executive Member
This ****ing helicopter has been on the runway since 14h07 awaiting permission to take off at 20 amps.
Now 18h57
LOL
I will never use this 20 amp setting again on the latest Mecer2400VA that I bought 10 months ago a week before Level 5 Lockdown

I did warn you :p

Edit: 3 hours and 30 min's in and I'm at 12.4 on both batteries @ 22 C internal temp. Still good

Last edited:

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
How do you know your bat temps?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Talking about battery temperature, my two batteries got exceptionally warm today, checked the voltage and it was normal, the inverter is on standby and the batteries are full, checked the voltage and it's normal, any ideas?

Stokstert

Executive Member
Talking about battery temperature, my two batteries got exceptionally warm today, checked the voltage and it was normal, the inverter is on standby and the batteries are full, checked the voltage and it's normal, any ideas?

Well, our environmental temp is about 35 degrees today. What's the temp of your batteries?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Well, our environmental temp is about 35 degrees today. What's the temp of your batteries?
No idea but I know something is not right because I have two sets of 24V, one pair is okay so it can't be ambient temperature.

Maybe is should lower the charging current to 10A as a precaution.

Koosvanwyk

No idea but I know something is not right because I have two sets of 24V, one pair is okay so it can't be ambient temperature.

Maybe is should lower the charging current to 10A as a precaution.
If you are using batteries that are designed to cycle my advice would be to charge at the lowest flow available. These batteries are designed to be discharged at a steady slow rate, the same applies when carging them.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
What's the latest?
Sorry, too many chores today, I switched the inverter off and it's reading 12.8V on one pair and 12.9V on the other, the only thing I found was a loose connection on one pair.

I will adjust the charger and switch it on tomorrow.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
I see Builders (Close to Northgate) selling em (Ellis inverter + 2 Royals 102AH) for 6999 today

Are the inverters any any good compared to Mercer ones? (I know the batteries are crap)

Literally asking for a friend :D

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I see Builders (Close to Northgate) selling em (Ellis inverter + 2 Royals 102AH) for 6999 today

Are the inverters any any good compared to Mercer ones? (I know the batteries are crap)

Literally asking for a friend :D
Same thing but the fan is more noisy.

Leno

Expert Member
I bought a battery from Builders last year and it was dead as a doornail, check that the stock is not old