Old_Liver

Apologies if this has been asked before, is there a way to toggle the display on the 2400VA unit? I see there are placeholders for kW etc, but no real control buttons.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Apologies if this has been asked before, is there a way to toggle the display on the 2400VA unit? I see there are placeholders for kW etc, but no real control buttons.
No, you need to add an external display.
Like this one I have
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-10 at 09.10.34.jpeg

Here you can see my input voltage is 214 volts
Im using 610 milli amps
My load is 88 Watts
And since I installed this in April 2020 I have consumed 649 units of electricity in my lounge

Got it off banggood and was delivered to my front door in under 3 weeks
This is the seller I bought from

Just be careful, you may only import 3 times a year without been flagged by SARS, after that you need an importers code

Pineapple Smurf

And please plug your inverters into a Surge Protector plug.
I have these all over my apartment and touch wood since then ive never had anything anywhere blow up in last 7 or 8 years

High Surge Safe Power Protector with Euro Socket – Ellies Electronics

Grouter

Expert Member
When we went prepaid a while ago, the municipality installed one of these:
It has surge protection and mains reconnect delay built-in.
Nifty device.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Guess we testing our devices again tonight.... https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/stage-2-loadshedding-5pm-10-03-to-friday-11pm.1127744/

Mercer only bring in the base Lobo's so we missing the build in solar and so on so opted for external meters and charge controllers.

Some gone @Pineapple Smurf route... some us went overboard (Read ME) and popped in Sonoff POW's with Home Assistant.

Depends on what your needs are?

Pineapple Smurf

/pats his Mecer Lobo, she did a great job this morning at 7am keeping the lounge going after the Firgrove sub plant blew up. Now we have loadshedding starting tonight until Friday. :thumbsup:

akescpt

Honorary Master
/pats his Mecer Lobo, she did a great job this morning at 7am keeping the lounge going after the Firgrove sub plant blew up. Now we have loadshedding starting tonight until Friday. :thumbsup:

What is your ‘route’ as mentioned above?

Neuk_

Executive Member
Just an update. I've been given the middle finger, take it or leave it pretty much.
I wonder if I'll be able to find someone to have a look at the board, it smelt like a blown capacitor to me.

I can't help but I would take this route, I did it years ago for a 2.4GHz receiver I had for my RC cars, a good friend found it was a R0.30 resistor or capacitor. Saved me just the R300 the local importer wanted to just look at it, never mind what they would have charged to repair.

greg_SA

Expert Member
Hi. A friend pointed me to this thread.
I bought the Mecer 2400VA Inverter + 2x 105Ah Battery inverter set from Geewiz in December 2018, and the batteries are starting to fail, getting about an hour and a half if I'm lucky.
I asked GeeWiz, and they recommended these Vision 100Ah batteries. Of course, that means almost paying the same for two new batteries that I paid for the kit three years ago, so looking at alternatives that will last longer.
One option is this from Mustek, but not sure if will actually work. Does more double the price, but it has a 1500 charging cycle
View attachment 1022002
Not sure if I'm allowed to show the price, but it's just over double the price from the Vision ones.
Do you guys that will work with the Mecer invert?
Did you ever buy this battery? I use one on my Axpert (and you can set the bulk and float charge voltages). Not sure if the bulk and float voltages of the Mecer Inverter you have are correct? Can they be set? This battery needs a bulk charge voltage of 14.1V.

Old_Liver

Finally got to test my unit last night for the first time, kept a TV going, lamp, and let me finish a CSGO match while still remaining on "100%", still not sure I trust the battery meter, but overall, pretty happy with the performance.
I took the AGM deep cycle option on my 24V unit.

crysis

Expert Member
What output voltage do you guys typically see when on battery mode? Does 237 seem a bit high?
60dbdeac-ca99-428c-868f-49c9ac42fcfa.jpg

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
about right. 237 is low if anything - not high. We run 240v in ZA...

220-240 is the norm?

Electricity in South Africa - voltage and frequency​

All power sockets in South Africa provide a standard voltage of 230V with a standard frequency of 50Hz.

You can use all your equipment in South Africa if the outlet voltage in your own country is between 220V-240V. This is the case in most of Europe, Australia, the United Kingdom and most countries in Africa and Asia.

If the standard voltage in your country is in the range of 100V-127V (which is most common in the US, Canada and countries in South America) you might need a voltage converter in South Africa.

The standard frequency in South Africa is 50Hz. If this frequency differs from the frequency used in your home country, please use caution when plugging in your devices. Check the small print on the device to see if the device can handle the frequency. Please note we regularly check our electricity information with the International Electrotechnical Committee (IEC)

Small print on the device or power adapter indicates what voltages the device can work with. If you see 100-240V 50/60Hz printed, the adapter is rated to work on all voltages used worldwide. Please note that power plug adapters only convert plug types and do not convert voltages.