crysis

Expert Member
But isnt this unit meant to have AVR? Why doesnt it correct the voltage.

Also, just to note this is on BAT power, not mains.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
My mains voltage is currently 237V. It hovers between 220V and 243V majority of the time.
210 and bellow as well as 250 plus will kill sensitive equipment. My surge arresters cut at 300v

Typycal day looks like:
1615451325903.png

Actuall I Lie, you can see the strain on the grid from 6PM last night Above

A normal day should look more like this:
1615451464643.png

Looney

Executive Member
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with the Mecer Axpert King 5000W Hybrid Pure Sine Wave. I’m looking to purchase that from Geewiz and I want to connect it to 2x Pylontech 3,5kWh lithium ion batteries. This will be to power most if not my entire house (if it’s capable of doing so).

Would this be a good inverter to get?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with the Mecer Axpert King 5000W Hybrid Pure Sine Wave. I’m looking to purchase that from Geewiz and I want to connect it to 2x Pylontech 3,5kWh lithium ion batteries. This will be to power most if not my entire house (if it’s capable of doing so).

It's a good inverter. Simple and straightforward to operate.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Hi All,

Get a Sunsynk 5kw that can export to the grid and is NRS approved, so in future when nersa pulls its finger out, you can feed into the grid for credit when your batteries are full.

Looney

Executive Member
What price are you getting it for?
Geewiz has it listed for R13,200.00 Incl. Doesn't seem like a bad price considering the electrician I was going to use quoted me R29 500 excl vat for the same unit.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Thanks man! You really had to put that into my head and confuse me now :(
Sorry Looney, not my intention, just don't want you to do things twice. Think long term like 10-20 years. Start with a nice inverter. Sunsynk have great support and get firmware updates over the net and also communicates with the BMS of the pylontech, not sure if Axperts do this. Start with 1 battery to cover loadshitting. Then add solar to spin your meter backwards (hopefully you have old spinning disk meter) to lower your meter bill. Then add more battery to cover more loads. With the way elec prices are going, this is a nobrainer to me, but this exercise does warrant proper research.

Try this thread:

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
I'm just not sure if that is really necessary for my purposes. I'll need to do some thinking now lol.

Happy shopping.

Oh and be careful where the path leads. 1st its a Kill--A-watt then an inverter, then monitors and then...

Think I said to much, just enjoy the ride.

Looney

Executive Member
Think long term like 10-20 years. Start with a nice inverter. Sunsynk have great support and get firmware updates over the net and also communicates with the BMS of the pylontech, not sure if Axperts do this. Start with 1 battery to cover loadshitting. Then add solar to spin your meter backwards (hopefully you have old spinning disk meter) to lower your meter bill. Then add more battery to cover more loads. With the way elec prices are going, this is a nobrainer to me, but this exercise does warrant proper research.

Try this thread:
It does make sense to future proof now. Perhaps this is the inverter to go for. I was also looking at these batteries https://solaradvice.co.za/product/pylontech-7kwh-lithium-ion-battery-pack/