RedViking

Nord of the South
Yea everyone making induction friendly cookware now.. it is becoming cheaper.

If you use gas just for LS, I agree it can last forever... you wont believe this, but my son is 5. I bought a 3kg bottle with top to warm his food, milk etc when he was a baby.
I still have gas in the tank! yup 3kg, over 5 years and its still got!
You only fed him once a month?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Okay in ten minutes first time to see if the new battery will hold for the 2 hours of load shedding.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Okay in ten minutes first time to see if the new battery will hold for the 2 hours of load shedding.

Mine worked so well I even forgot we had load shedding till you mentioned it now,

1615528769235.png

Hell was even charged up by the time I got back home, no wonder I did not notice....

Lupus

Honorary Master
Mine worked so well I even forgot we had load shedding till you mentioned it now,

View attachment 1035028

Hell was even charged up by the time I got back home, no wonder I did not notice....
Nice, yeah I got the replacement battery first week of February, but I haven't really used it since as the 2 hour schedules doesn't really effect me as much and they were normally after work. Today is the first one that's actually during my office hours.
Here we go, switched over to the inverter now, 7 minutes late but hey. At least it's not screaming like it did the last time I had a battery issue and battery is "full"

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yaaaah kept my 32" LG, my cheapy Sansui sound bar and laptop running for the whole of load shedding without a whine.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Yaaaah kept my 32" LG, my cheapy Sansui sound bar and laptop running for the whole of load shedding without a whine.

You make that sound like an achievement... bet your 100% was still lit after the 2 hours :D

Lupus

Honorary Master
You make that sound like an achievement... bet your 100% was still lit after the 2 hours :D
When your battery is poked, it is :) nah it had gone down the 25% but it does this all the time even batteries were fine. I've only got this setup to keep me working while load shedding :), I mean I've not used it for the TV or Xbox since about June last year.

pboy

Expert Member
what sort of LED lights do you plug into these inverters? Can I see what type and also where to get from? Links please?

(surely you don't have the lights circuit from the db board wired to the inverter)

Grouter

Expert Member
what sort of LED lights do you plug into these inverters? Can I see what type and also where to get from? Links please?

(surely you don't have the lights circuit from the db board wired to the inverter)
Q1: Any
Q2: No

Lupus

Honorary Master

If I plug a light in, it's a standing lamp with a 6w bulb.

pboy

Expert Member
Come on Grouter, I did say please!

Thanks Lupus. I'm trying to get away from dragging my bedside lamp to the lounge when it load shedding. Something smarter, more pleasant on the eye > I guess one of those standing lamps then yea?

Lupus

Honorary Master

Thanks Lupus. I'm trying to get away from dragging my bedside lamp to the lounge when it load shedding. Something smarter, more pleasant on the eye > I guess one of those standing lamps then yea?
That's what I used, until my son stole it for his room, but then again he's not using it again.

Grouter

Expert Member

Go shopping! A light is a light is a light...........:)

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

I have a mix of Floor / Desk & Table

In fact they work so well they become primary lights. Also helps that I went overkill on the normal/ceiling lights that feels like the sun just rose so my SO kinda refuse to use em ;)

Edit: and I am serious, the main bedroom fitting = 5 x 15W <--- you must see it to actually appreciate the blinding effect it has.
Edit2: Oh forgot to mention normal lights you have to get up to turn on, all the inverter ones are on HassIO so work via voice, sensors timers and such.

Last edited:

tRoN

Executive Member
Dear Friends

Can one mix battery types with the inverter?

Example 1 x Lead acid and 1 x AGM?
Or 1 x 102Ah and 1 x 105Ah?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Dear Friends

Can one mix battery types with the inverter?

Example 1 x Lead acid and 1 x AGM?
Or 1 x 102Ah and 1 x 105Ah?

If internal resistance where the same yeah...

Problem is the moment you use different chemical make-ups, the resistance attributes change, so its a sold nope no can do.

Ivork

Expert Member
I have the 24V with a 100ah and a 200ah battery in series. I know it's unbalanced and a terrible bad idea but what are the consequences when the mecer starts charging? Wouldn't it stop once the voltage stabilizes at about 27.4v across the board or will it fry the battery that is only 100ah ?

Your thoughts.