marhsava

Who got an electrician to connect the inverter to the DB board , for lights only , what was the cost ?

Iwojima

Expert Member
Think the key is the LCD
View attachment 1088571
That one looks like it's got the new LCD, this from Geewiz website, so old school button but LCD doesn't look like mine.
This is the one I have. 1200VA version. Identical button and LCD

I can't say that it's too noisy when charging, but when on battery it makes a hell of a racket.

Pulserider

I see on batteries it is stated "Initial Current". Is that the current that you can charge the battery at?

Like in this example it states 25.0A Max, does that mean I can set my Mecer at 20A charging mode for this battery or is this some sort of other meaning to it?

1623913329937.png

RedViking

Nord of the South
Okay, Power Forum Store is out. They do not respond to mail.

Still do not have batteries and looking for a reliable store with EXCELLENT service. Was looking at the S-100's, although I do have questions for the supplier as well.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I see on batteries it is stated "Initial Current". Is that the current that you can charge the battery at?

Like in this example it states 25.0A Max, does that mean I can set my Mecer at 20A charging mode for this battery or is this some sort of other meaning to it?

View attachment 1090259
Yes, anything up to 25A. Low and slow is the way to go so if you have enough time to charge, use 10A.

xxxphantomslayerxxx

I ended up going with this combo after speaking to a friend who installs solar solutions. He reckons the battery is quite good for the price if you're working with a lower end inverter like this, and there are not too many batteries in the array. Should be good, I will let everyone know how it goes - I know a few people were curious about them.

https://pclinkshop.co.za/ups-inverters-and-powerbank/inverter-battery/mecer-200a-12v-lithium/
https://pclinkshop.co.za/ups-invert...ad-acid-battery-contoller-ivr-2400mppt-clone/
Seems decent so far. The inverter actually has adjustable float and charge voltages despite not really mentioning this in the specs. Only issue I have had is that the fan is super loud and annoying, I am hoping it turns off when the batteries are fully charged, going to have to look at some sort of modification if it does not.

Vuilhaas

Seems decent so far. The inverter actually has adjustable float and charge voltages despite not really mentioning this in the specs. Only issue I have had is that the fan is super loud and annoying, I am hoping it turns off when the batteries are fully charged, going to have to look at some sort of modification if it does not.
Please share pics of your installation :)