wingnut771

Honorary Master
The panels + Inverter + Installation costs killed me. I have to wait until next year to get proper batteries. Planning on getting 2 x Hubble AM-2s. Currently im using the LA batteries I had connected to my IVR unit (4 x 100Ah gel)
What charge current are you using?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
That's not bad. Please share more info in the inverter thread someone posted above and where you sources the panels, inverter you use etc.
Yeah, good idea:

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Sad day for me. I just sold my trust 2400VA IVR unit. Just came across this thread today and saw everything this community has done together made me tear up. I installed a Deye 5Kw inverter with some panels. So looks I cant hang with the cool kids and their IVR inverters anymore :(
I'd welcome you to the Sunsynk club, but you bought a Dye, so naah...

RedViking

Nord of the South
So apparently we will be without electricity tomorrow for for 8 hours if the unplanned planned maintenance does not go wrong.

So how low can I let this S-100 go?

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
So apparently we will be without electricity tomorrow for for 8 hours if the unplanned planned maintenance does not go wrong.

Yeah solar panels are really cheap nowadays, you should have at least a 200W panel to help your load, and your batteries will love you even more in the long run.
Hows it going so far today?

ADrunkTeddyBear

I think the IVR unit cuts off at 30% to protect the battery.

I could be wrong though.

Is your power out yet?

RedViking

Nord of the South
I think the IVR unit cuts off at 30% to protect the battery.

I could be wrong though.

Is your power out yet?
Surprise surprise. They haven't done the "planned maintenance" yet.

I am renting, so have nowhere to mount the panels.

The IVR is however probably set to different voltages than what the S-100 provides. So might not even cut off or much lower voltage.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Surprise surprise. They haven't done the "planned maintenance" yet.

I am renting, so have nowhere to mount the panels.

Do what I do... Have cables ready and store panels inside. They do not need to be mounted to work, just connected.

Connect & Unpack on balcony when needed.

In My case Body corp don't want mounted panels on roof... I know.... idiots.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Yep not optimal but works
I get a good 13A from mine on a good day, two 100W in parallel, balcony is slightly shaded in the morning and late afternoon but there are enough hours between 10 and 5pm.

All that goes to waste though because I am at work most of the time, and batteries are always full, I am thinking of finding ways to connect my fridge to use the solar during the day.