Leno

Expert Member
We had an substation explode a few years back, they took a week at least to build a new one next to it and I think they had the spare parts on hand

Vuilhaas

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Waaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive though

For my broke-ass anyway
The entry models start around 7 grand and that is pretty good considering it is a pure sine wave inverter with a built in MPPT solar charge controller and it is lithium batteries

Pineapple Smurf

Yeah those aren't too bad. Would be lekker for camping!
Totally agree, Im saving up for 1
Throw it behind the driver seat, plug it into ciggy lighter to charge when driving and when you get to destination hook up the solar panel
Perfect for small camping, I want this Ecoflow River.
What i also like about all the ecoflows is that you can see the time remaining on the batteries under the current load you're drawing, so there is no guess as to how much time you have left on the inverter.

RIVER-Front-copy.jpg

Last edited:

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Totally agree, Im saving up for 1
Throw it behind the driver seat, plug it into ciggy lighter to charge when driving and when you get to destination hook up the solar panel
Perfect for small camping, I want this Ecoflow River.
What i also like about all the ecoflows is that you can see the time remaining on the batteries under the current load you're drawing, so there is no guess as to how much time you have left on the inverter.

View attachment 1138490

How's the fan noise on this puppy ?

Pineapple Smurf

I also follow Hobotech on YouTube and love his stuff
He is unbiased and says it as it is
Always
This is an intro video on these things, in the more technical one he measured the fan noise at around 50dB which in my opinion is basically nothing

pardus

Hi Guys, I've got a Mecer 2400VA inverter that got hit by lightning earlier this year, is it worth trying to have it repaired or just get a new one? They're around R2K at Takealot.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Hi Guys, I've got a Mecer 2400VA inverter that got hit by lightning earlier this year, is it worth trying to have it repaired or just get a new one? They're around R2K at Takealot.
Look at Geewiz as well, might be a bit cheaper.