ADrunkTeddyBear

Who are you?

RedViking

Nord of the South
THis makes no sense?

mikewazar

First real LS session and the Mecer worked perfectly, saw batt voltage drop to 12.8V and stayed there the entire session and charged back up (20A) within an hour.

Next session in a few hours...

wingnut771

Honorary Master
First real LS session and the Mecer worked perfectly, saw batt voltage drop to 12.8V and stayed there the entire session and charged back up (20A) within an hour.

Next session in a few hours...
I would leave it on 10A (low and slow is the way to go), if you have batteries in parallel then set to 20A.

If there is not enough time to charge then 20A if you have to.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I would leave it on 10A (low and slow is the way to go), if you have batteries in parallel then set to 20A.

If there is not enough time to charge then 20A if you have to.
Sounds like they have the loadshedding that is couple of slots a day.

Fortunately in KZN they run away with the loadshedding, so they limit it to 2 hours a day max. only to avoid the opportunity for thieves to steal it.

Unfortunately they do run away with the substations as well...

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Sounds like they have the loadshedding that is couple of slots a day.

Fortunately in KZN they run away with the loadshedding, so they limit it to 2 hours a day max. only to avoid the opportunity for thieves to steal it.

Unfortunately they do run away with the substations as well...
I also get it twice a day sometimes.
Glenwood Stage 2:
Tues 14:00-16:00
Wed 04:00-06:00
20:00-22:00
Thu 18:00-20:00
Fri 08:00-10:00
Sat 10:00-12:00
22:00-00:00

mikewazar

The surely the types like the Clearline I linked above or even this one is for people like you ;)

PS: Clearline > Ellies but any would be better than nothing. Oh and DO NOT plug them into the Inverters out plugs.

Thanks, copped a few to put around the house and thanks for the tip, I assume the lack of grounding will kill the inverter if I put the plug on the output side?

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Pretty much yeah, just get one of those surge protected plugs for the output like this https://leroymerlin.co.za/8-way-m-p...iuq62EYE4KcjP4-L9seZabbqLL7hKPCBoCBK0QAvD_BwE

I would not put that on the output side?
Surge protectors sends power spike down earth ie: back into the inverter....

If you really wanna protect for inverter output spike you need something that leads to earth or something that fuse.

Edit: Ironically a defect in Sonoff Basics work perfect for that:
1635315633609.png

Lupus

Honorary Master
I would not put that on the output side?
Surge protectors sends power spike down earth ie: back into the inverter....

If you really wanna protect for inverter output spike you need something that leads to earth or something that fuse.
That is fine for the output, I've been using one for awhile, mainly as it's the only multiplug that fits what I need.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
That is fine for the output, I've been using one for awhile, mainly as it's the only multiplug that fits what I need.

Yeah just dont unplug the wall even by accident. cause you need path to earth ;)

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Even done that, remember these plugs aren't like the bigger surge protectors

Means nothing... just means there was no spike while unplugged.

If unit is not earthed and you get a spike it will take the unit, no surge plug it will take what its feeding ie: is as good as no protection.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Means nothing... just means there was no spike while unplugged.

If unit is not earthed and you get a spike it will take the unit, no surge plug it will take what its feeding ie: is as good as no protection.
Hmmm, would need to change it out then