Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Totally agree, I like keeping my output load to a maximum of 130 Watts.
One does not need anymore at home for a 2hr load shedding slot

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah right now, got my laptop, my 34" monitor, my microlabs speakers and my wife's laptop on it, roughly 150 to 200w depending on the monitor brightness :)

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master

Ditto. Main reason for Mercer = NAS, network incl Internet, alarm and lighting.

We normally use the 43" TV during a slot at night. Thats why I say if Level 4 + weekend then I might pull out the genny... if we dont go visit/shop.

Pineapple Smurf

Yeah right now, got my laptop, my 34" monitor, my microlabs speakers and my wife's laptop on it, roughly 150 to 200w depending on the monitor brightness :)
Perfect

I consume 130 Watts with the following on as this is my default setup of what is always on when I am in the lounge when I am at home:
MacAir (with lid permanently closed)
32" Samsung TV that acts as my monitor
Yamaha A2 Amplifier
10 Watts LED strip light as a backdrop behind all my electronics to create a warm softlight in room
TP Link Router
ONT fibre thingy
USB Chargers
Fairy lights on stoep that comes on automatically at night, as well as a 10 Watt floodlight over car park area

And that's it, I do not want anything else on during loadshedding, I can switch on the 55" telly if I want but that is another 100 Watts and choose to rather not. Fridges dont need power, neither does geyser, its only off for 2 hours at a time. I do have a UPS in my spareroom that powers LED lighting in kitchen, and I have an LED light in bathroom that comes on automatically during loadshedding, bedside lamps are also battery powered during loadshedding. Hifi in kitchen linked to lounge ensures I have music throughout my apartment, speakers are in lounge, bedroom, spare room, kitchen and bathroom, no matter where I am the volume is the same throughout the apartment so there is no need to blast it loud just to hear my music when I poop

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
And that's it, I do not want anything else on during loadshedding, I can switch on the 55" telly if I want but that is another 100 Watts and choose to rather not. Fridges dont need power, neither does geyser, its only off for 2 hours at a time. I do have a UPS in my spareroom that powers LED lighting in kitchen, and I have an LED light in bathroom that comes on automatically during loadshedding, bedside lamps are also battery powered during loadshedding. Hifi in kitchen linked to lounge ensures I have music throughout my apartment, speakers are in lounge, bedroom, spare room, kitchen and bathroom, no matter where I am the volume is the same throughout the apartment so there is no need to blast it loud just to hear my music when I poop

I normally unscrew mine for the week or 2 just cause of that fact. Normally get kak'ed out for it as well but I hate a foreign light @ night going on, on its own while I am sleeping.

Pineapple Smurf

I have 1 of these on my windowsill of bathroom, the power lead goes out the window to my scullery where it is pluggeded into a USB adapter and then into Mains.
The unit is switched on but will not light up until you cut the power
Works very well, on its dimmest setting it runs for 2 days and more
Got a few of them for my caravan as well
And I have one in lounge on standby should I need light somewhere else, sometimes when braaing

1635405922491.png

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

Anybody using this model?

The 720watt is sold out by mustek and pclinkshop. Grabbded last 2 by geewiz, they have more but for R2200 and cost price is R1700 at mustek for 720watt so dont want be R2200.

ADrunkTeddyBear

Expert Member

Anybody using this model?

The 720watt is sold out by mustek and pclinkshop. Grabbded last 2 by geewiz, they have more but for R2200 and cost price is R1700 at mustek for 720watt so dont want be R2200.
Its the update for the current mecer IVR inverters with the MPPT controller built into the unit. It should work in the exact same way

Franna

Expert Member
FOR SALE!!!

Upgraded my Mecer Desktop 2400VA/1440W 24V 2nd Gen Inverter to a RCT ALFA 3000VA/2400W DESKTOP INVERTER with solar panel MPPT charging support.

Anybody want to buy my almost brand new Mecer Lobo 2400VA 1440W 24V Inverter bought recently from Takealot on 26 June 2021 for R2000 cash? Durbanville, Northern Suburbs, Cape Town. Send me PM.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Greetings, I am a novice as far as this is concerned. What would a 200ah battery do better than a 100ah?

joshuatree

Expert Member
Works like a Bomb thou and worth the price
Irritating loud or not, and where did you place it?

The pros of this one compared to the regular one?

Description
INVERTER MODEL – IVR-1200MPPT –

1.2 Kw max output / 1 Kw continuous 220 v Output
MPPT Solar Input – Max 100 V Open Circuit – 825 Watt Max solar input – 55 amp max input
Simulated Sine Wave
AC input and Solar input charges Battery

So one just plug a solar panel in directly at some port through some cable and done?

Last edited: