Mecer 2400VA Inverter (Community Support)

djbrendan

Expert Member
I'd love to get the omni 120ah, but i know it's probably going to be short of 2hours. on 50% dod healthy battery

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
That's why im aiming 150ah at least to just get through.

What is the power draw your doing on your system?
i was running 55" telly, laptop, yamaha amp and various little USB chargers etc for 2hrs load shedding.
but i have since then disconnected my batteries from UPS and now in survival mode in case load shedding gets a lot worse (i dont need to watch tv while there is load shedding etc)

so now i only have my fiber box and wifi router connected to the batteries, I cut the AC-DC Power supplies off and connected them straight seen as they are both 12v, i manually recharge the batteries each Sunday night when i see the voltmeter showing 12.5v on each battery.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
I'd love to get the omni 120ah, but i know it's probably going to be short of 2hours. on 50% dod healthy battery
You could get away with a lot less if you not so persistent to have the gaming PC running in that 2-3 hrs. Sure you can have it on but why exactly must you be gaming? ... my gaming PC runs during loadshedding and only draws about 120-150W

djbrendan

Expert Member
i was running 55" telly, laptop, yamaha amp and various little USB chargers etc for 2hrs load shedding.
but i have since then disconnected my batteries from UPS and now in survival mode in case load shedding gets a lot worse (i dont need to watch tv while there is load shedding etc)

so now i only have my fiber box and wifi router connected to the batteries, I cut the AC-DC Power supplies off and connected them straight seen as they are both 12v, i manually recharge the batteries each Sunday night when i see the voltmeter showing 12.5v on each battery.
That doesn't sound to heavy, why only 2 hours then.

If i'm calculating this right, my power need will be 600-700 ( 700 watt being worst case if it's ever going to reach that ) and i'll probably get 2:30 maybe 3 hours depends on TV or computer being on. Then longer

wingnut771

Executive Member

If i'm calculating this right, my power need will be 600-700 ( 700 watt being worst case if it's ever going to reach that ) and i'll probably get 2:30 maybe 3 hours depends on TV or computer being on. Then longer
tv brightness setting makes a big difference too.

djbrendan

Expert Member
You could get away with a lot less if you not so persistent to have the gaming PC running in that 2-3 hrs. Sure you can have it on but why exactly must you be gaming? ... my gaming PC runs during loadshedding and only draws about 120-150W
Idle or light browsing and usage?
What system specs do you have. As well what battery and inverter do you have.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master

i get 2hr 10min load shedding slots at a time in Somerset West
i have always been a firm believer in not allowing a lead type battery to deplete below 80% battery level.
its just me
im anal
but as a result my lead acids last a gazillion years
Image result for 12v lead acid chart

djbrendan

Expert Member
i get 2hr 10min load shedding slots at a time in Somerset West
i have always been a firm believer in not allowing a lead type battery to deplete below 80% battery level.
its just me
im anal
but as a result my lead acids last a gazillion years
Image result for 12v lead acid chart
Oh so you keep them on 20% usage only

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
Oh so you keep them on 20% usage only
worse case scenario yes, i have them in series for 24v and when the voltmeter shows 25.0v i put them on charge (happens every Sunday night)
i also have a small LED light strip i sometimes put on in the lounge, but not very often.

im keeping my loadshedding needs to a minimum and my batteries topped up to the max in prep for Winter as i reckon we are going to be in dark many times this year

wingnut771

Executive Member
worse case scenario yes, i have them in series for 24v and when the voltmeter shows 25.0v i put them on charge (happens every Sunday night)
i also have a small LED light strip i sometimes put on in the lounge, but not very often.

im keeping my loadshedding needs to a minimum and my batteries topped up to the max in prep for Winter as i reckon we are going to be in dark many times this year
if you have 24V, how do you run 12V device?

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
Idle or light browsing and usage?
What system specs do you have. As well what battery and inverter do you have.
Yip, light browsing as I dont see the need to be gaming during loadshedding ... you read a couple of MyBB threads and BOOM, you look again and loadshedding is finish :p

Im running a 12V 1KVa Axpert inverter with 2x 100Ah Gel in parallel ( Batteries needs replacing after 4½yrs as noted previously in this thread ), so Im also on the lookout for replacements.

djbrendan

Expert Member
Yip, light browsing as I dont see the need to be gaming during loadshedding ... you read a couple of MyBB threads and BOOM, you look again and loadshedding is finish :p

Im running a 12V 1KVa Axpert inverter with 2x 100Ah Gel in parallel ( Batteries needs replacing after 4½yrs as noted previously in this thread ), so Im also on the lookout for replacements.
It's my entertainment to game, my wife enjoys watching her series on netflix. I get bored of netflix quite quick.

I'm sure games like dota2 don't use 400-450w , could be wrong. Those omnipower 120ah are heavy, it's hard to buy them and ship, shipping is rough.

wingnut771

Executive Member
It's my entertainment to game, my wife enjoys watching her series on netflix. I get bored of netflix quite quick.

I'm sure games like dota2 don't use 400-450w , could be wrong. Those omnipower 120ah are heavy, it's hard to buy them and ship, shipping is rough.
takealot FTW!