Mecer 2400VA Inverter (Review)

netstrider

I know this has been discussed to death, but please can someone confirm if my calculations are correct?
I don't know this stuff and trying to figure this out from reading the posts.

I am looking at this

with the 100ah AGM deep cycle batteries.

Will be using about 400 watts during load shedding.

24×100/400/2×0.85=2,55 hours of backup power?

If this is correct, am I correct in saying I would need 2 extra batteries to comfortably deal with 4,5 hour load shedding slots?
Either that or 2x 200Ah batteries.

djbrendan

Expert Member
I'll be going 200ah x2.

My wattage is roughly 600-700w, gaming pc and led tv et c.

200ah should be great, rather not reach 50% dod on the battery and it charges up quickly to 100%, this increases the life of the batteries as well. Rather overspec with the battery ah to make the life cycle last longer

netstrider

I'll be going 200ah x2.

My wattage is roughly 600-700w, gaming pc and led tv et c.

200ah should be great, rather not reach 50% dod on the battery and it charges up quickly to 100%, this increases the life of the batteries as well. Rather overspec with the battery ah to make the life cycle last longer
Not sure on your budget, but these batteries seem a good buy. Not sure on the pricing though.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Not sure on your budget, but these batteries seem a good buy. Not sure on the pricing though.

when you take the price and divide by the cycles it's actually the cheapest of the lot.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Faakin ell...63kg!

May as well start another Medupi!
We have four of the 120Ah 12v Omnipower AGM batteries which weight 30kg each and that is heavy enough :oops: 63kg is just taking the piss.

djbrendan

Expert Member

240ah are just to exspensive. If i had some extra $$ id go for the 180ah unit.

djbrendan

Expert Member
Need to klap the gym just to carry them.
Nah k#k
I exercise, 63kg would easy to lift alone, BUT we don't feking walk around with that weight hanging. You'd stand there station with the battery :D start doing reps until someone comes and helps

Thor

Honorary Master
i have Deltech truck lead acid batteries and they are great.
i have been buying lead crystals for work from Deltech for last 11yrs
Good/legit Company
Do you have a pricelist of then you can PM me, is it the one in Milnerton?

Thor

Honorary Master
Can I hook up a 105AH gel battery to a 850VA mecer UPS (will the ups be able to charge it!?)

Thor

Honorary Master
No it has 2ah charger I think, will take very long to charge
Dammit, what is the smallest ups that would be able to charge a 105ah battery

(I don't want to go the inverter charger route because 1) I don't want to switch back and forth it must just work and b) it's ugly and too Diy, I want to buy a ups and run two wires to a cupboard that holds the gel battery.)

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

(I don't want to go the inverter charger route because 1) I don't want to switch back and forth it must just work and b) it's ugly and too Diy, I want to buy a ups and run two wires to a cupboard that holds the gel battery.)
Not sure any ups with fast charger. Mecer inverter is UPS no need switch over and also does not beep. Normal ups always beeps. Though hard to fund stock of mecer inverter.

wingnut771

Executive Member

how long are the cables for this? voltage drop over distance is real, you might have to use cables as thick as your arm.