Media Center PC and Xbox 360 on same speakers?

rudivdw

We have a Media Center PC, and an Xbox in the living room. Now, at the moment we have the 5.1 Logitech speaker setup (X540), and every time I want to play on the Xbox, I have to unplug the green jack from the PC, and into the Xbox with the supplied 3.5mm to RCA connector thingy.

Is there a way that I can connect my speakers to both pc and xbox at the same time (if that makes sense), so that I don't have to manually switch them over each time?

thanks!

Voicy

Honorary Master
I have the Logitech 5.1's in my room. I have the PC plugged into the Blue input from it's green output.

For my xbox I'm running component cables instead of HDMI. There are 2 auxiliary inputs for the xbox's sound which plugs into the top of the sub. That way I have PC and Xbox sound running simultaneously.

Good luck, but a little more info on your setup would be cool.

rudivdw

WOW excellent thanks Voicy! I never actually thought of using the pc's line in jack. Cool, problem solved! thanks!

Krunical

Could you not also just use the xbox as a media center extender ... that is if you using windows media center

Just my 2 cents ;)

rudivdw

Could you not also just use the xbox as a media center extender ... that is if you using windows media center

Just my 2 cents ;)
You mean by networking the two? Yes I could do that, but currently the media pc is on a network with my office pc via a cable (tried doing it wirelessly, but hell it's too slow!)

Thanks for your 2 cents anyway!

Hmullie

Anybody know how to connect an laptop and pc to an hifi system at the sametime , I currently have my pc connected via 2.5 audio jack the cable splits into l+r rca connectors and this is plugged into the back of hifi. Is there maybe a cable with 2 rca and 2x 2.5 inch jacks that I could just plug both devices in at the same time