Medical aids in South Africa won’t have to cover gaming addiction

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Medical aids in South Africa won’t have to cover gaming addiction

Medical aids in South Africa will not have to provide cover for “gaming disorder” when the World Health Organisation (WHO) releases its latest International Classification of Diseases (ICD), the Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) in South Africa told MyBroadband.

The WHO recently included gaming disorder in the latest draft of the ICD, but this won’t be implemented in South Africa for several years.

InfidelGastro

Medical aids shouldn't have to cover such things. That's the parents job. A swift, stinging klap alongside the kids earhole, then telling them to get off their asses and do something constructive works wonders.

EADC

Medical aids shouldn't have to cover such things. That's the parents job. A swift, stinging klap alongside the kids earhole, then telling them to get off their asses and do something constructive works wonders.
Thats so insensitive what about the orphans.

InfidelGastro

Thats so insensitive what about the orphans.
What about them? They're humans and people as well so the same rules apply. That method worked very well on me as well as my siblings. It worked on my kids and it works on my grandkids. It's all about learning and teaching discipline.

access

Executive Member
can you prescribe medical marijuana for this?

i play too much games! give me weed! lul

also, havent seen tv or computer games in an orphanage ive visited :p