Mentally ill woman set alight in Soweto after ‘witch’ accusation

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Mob killings is just a cop-out term today.

Who poured the fuel? Arrest them.
Who started the accusations? Arrest them.
Who lit the flame? Arrest them.

It's not rocket science.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
They need to put the whole lot in jail for life to send a firm message about abusing the vulnerable.
Unfortunately, life without parole in this country doesn't exist. Life is something like 25 years and you don't serve the full 25 years.

Asgard85

This is not normal by any stretch of the imagination or reasoning. South Africa has a real problem of intense brutality. Our society is severely damaged. We should be very concerned about this. I see very few examples of this in other countries, even those who have also suffered greatly, yet here it is almost commonplace. I shudder when I see messages of South African exceptionalism and disdain for other African countries as if South Africa is superior - we are not - we are vastly inferior. The delusions are so ingrained that we apparently cannot even recognize that there is a problem never mind just how far gone things are.

rustypup

Expert Member
This is not normal by any stretch of the imagination or reasoning.
Hate to disagree but anywhere you encounter excessive tribalism you will find these behaviours.

Africa is rife with tribalism.

It's just one of those stages of cultural development you simply cannot circumvent.

Cereal_Killer

Forging
Hate to disagree but anywhere you encounter excessive tribalism you will find these behaviours.

Africa is rife with tribalism.

It's just one of those stages of cultural development you simply cannot circumvent.
With these people there were little to no cultural development