Meta falls out of top 10 most valuable companies

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Meta falls out of top 10 most valuable companies

Meta Platforms Inc. has tumbled out of the world’s 10 largest companies by market value, hammered by its worst monthly stock decline ever.

Once the world’s sixth largest company with a valuation in excess of $1 trillion, the Facebook parent closed on Thursday with a value of $565 billion, placing it in 11th place behind Tencent Holdings Ltd., according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

[Bloomberg]

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Poor old Zuck
crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

RaptorSA

Executive Member
Allow me an ad homminemmenem.

1645171677766.png
1645171887883.png

"valuation in excess of $1 trillion"
35.7 Moon landings..... Really? I mean, really?

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Justice. Serves them right for removing the option to view my feed chronologically on my phone.

You can't view your feed chronologically, anywhere anymore... even when/if they say its chronological it very definitely isn't

rvZA

Honorary Master
Not as if it ever was a 'valuable' company like AT&T or Coke or Pepsi which actually offered real goods and services. Facebook was always a "spoeg en plak" company and will always be just that.

Pegasus

Honorary Master
Not as if it ever was a 'valuable' company like AT&T or Coke or Pepsi which actually offered real goods and services. Facebook was always a "spoeg en plak" company and will always be just that.
It is a "service".

rvZA

Honorary Master
Better than Myspace and a few 100 others apparently

Still does not make them one of the most 'valuable' companies in the world. Just like most tech companies on the inflated US stockmarkets, they are all sand castles and will collapse rather sooner than later.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Time to buy?

I imagine they have an action plan for WhatsApp for just this occasion

rvZA

Honorary Master
Time to buy?

Nah, they have too much trouble with the GDPR in Europe and face some challenging court cases. So bad, even Facebook themselves said that leaving the EU is not totally off the table. Not quite the 'big company' one would want to invest in.

Sensorei

Executive Member
Time to buy?

Rather look at dca'ing into Paypal. Should dip some more. Down 66% from last years high. Next strong price support level $95.