Mi Box - How to get BBC Iplayer?

julie

Hi, I have a new MiBox :). I am using it with a Nordvpn connection. I am finding it impossible to get BBC Iplayer I have tried the Google playstore ( can't get store to change to UK), I have tried Kodi (can download Iplayer but it wont play content), I have tried Plex ( can't find where to download channels). Does anyone have any suggestions please?
PS - I am not very tech savvy so may not understand very technical terms :giggle:.

nahoR

Set your VPN to UK, and make sure it is an IP in the UK. My experience with NordVPN is some of the IPs you get does not match the location as advertised.

Clear your cache and app data for the play store
And then try logging in again.

This worked for me with installing UKTV Play.

EDIT: Can you not side load it?

PDF_27

Hi, I have a new MiBox :). I am using it with a Nordvpn connection. I am finding it impossible to get BBC Iplayer I have tried the Google playstore ( can't get store to change to UK), I have tried Kodi (can download Iplayer but it wont play content), I have tried Plex ( can't find where to download channels). Does anyone have any suggestions please?
PS - I am not very tech savvy so may not understand very technical terms :giggle:.
It has worked for some people with the Mibox but not for everyone oddly enough. Some get "connection error" message after trying to log in, however, you can give this a try:

To start you off, download 2 apps on your Mibox, the first called ''FX explorer'' and the other called "send files to TV". These apps are available in the play store. Download "send files to TV" to your phone as well as it will be used to transfer files from your phone to the Mibox and it can be used vice-versa. Now you need to download BBC iplayer and sideload the app. How you do that is as follows:

Search for and download the BBC iplayer apk from www.apkpure.com or www.apkmirror.com via your mobile phone. Once downloaded, send the apk via the "send files to TV" app from your mobile phone to the Mibox. Once that apk is transferred to the Mibox, use ''FX explorer'' to browse your download folder, it will find that apk, select it, then click on install.

Once BBC iplayer is installed, you would likely need your VPN to allow for a UK ip address.

Hopefully it works for you.

Good luck!

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Sideload it? https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/media-applications-technologies-for-the-bbc/bbc-iplayer-android-tv-2/

TedLasso

Expert Member
AFAIK you need to sign up with a valid UK address - easy to glean off the web.
Haha. I still use the three addresses I used to live at for this. Hope I don't get whoever is living there now into **** one day. But would be happy to pay the BBC licence thanks to their content. Very curious to see what the new Britbox offering will be in a few months. Will probably sign up even if they don't have all the content so that in my deluded mind, it will feel like I am paying for what I see on iPlayer.

In my case, all our apple and Google accounts are still UK domiciled so easy to get apps etc on our apple TVs and firesticks without needing to jump through hoops . Problem is app purchases are in GBP !! Small price to pay.

zulusailor

Anyone got a link to a Britbox apk for Android TV/Mibox that actually works??? I've all but given up with the apks available on the normal sources,

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Anyone got a link to a Britbox apk for Android TV/Mibox that actually works??? I've all but given up with the apks available on the normal sources,
I am in the same boat. The app opens on my Mibox but just says service unavailable... Frustrating AF