Micheal Owen: Liverpool are a small team!

smokey

Honorary Master
Well OK, he didn't really say that but the following is bloody hilarious...

@themichealowen said:
Just to answer some of your tweets. Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. Been there a didn't enjoy it.
Now I automatically thought he was talking about Newcastle (did he play for anyone else, not sure really) but the amount of fuss kicked up by the Liverpool supporters on twitter was huge! Damn, why call yourselves out like that?

Thought it was worth a laugh :)

Randhir

Honorary Master
It doesn't matter which club he was talking about, he shouldn't be insulting a League club and its fans like that.

dbecks

Executive Member
I dont think he would insult Liverpool as he had many good years there (Liverpool fans are dof for thinking he is talking about their club...lol)

I think this was in response to him signing a new contract at United - People are hauling him out saying that he hardly plays so why not move to a smaller club where he will play alot...blah blah blah

I have been seeing alot of abuse towards Owen around his obvious liking towards United.
People (and I mean Pool supporters mostly) are saying S**t like "he hardly plays so how would he know what it feels like to play along side great players", and "Why does he feel like he won a EPL medal when he did nothing" and "Being a bench warmer is the pinnacle of his career".......So im glad he is with us and a BIG "neh-nene-neh-neh" to the rest....

I dont think, what he said, is insulting to any club...(Dont be such a goodie 2 shoes Randhs and give Owen a "hell yeah" for his admiration to our club....:D)

Last edited:

Tarantula

I dont think he would insult Liverpool as he had many good years there (Liverpool fans are dof for thinking he is talking about their club...lol)

I think this was in response to him signing a new contract at United - People are hauling him out saying that he hardly plays so why not move to a smaller club where he will play alot...blah blah blah

I have been seeing alot of abuse towards Owen around his obvious liking towards United.
People (and I mean Pool supporters mostly) are saying S**t like "he hardly plays so how would he know what it feels like to play along side great players", and "Why does he feel like he won a EPL medal when he did nothing" and "Being a bench warmer is the pinnacle of his career".......So im glad he is with us and a BIG "neh-nene-neh-neh" to the rest....

I dont think, what he said, is insulting to any club...(Dont be such a goodie 2 shoes Randhs and give Owen a "hell yeah" for his admiration to our club....:D)
Wow. "neh-nene-neh-neh"?

A football player wants to play football. Sitting on the bench for 99% of the players out there is the last place they want to be. Many bench warming players would rather move to a lesser team if it guaranteed first team football.

Basically Owen is a spectactor that gets paid to spectate barring the odd 5 minute runs he gets.

On the other hand, Owen is in the twilight of his career and given his injury woes over the years, maybe the bench is the perfect place for him.

superskully

Expert Member
As a LFC fan, not insulted by that and sure he was talking abt Newcastle (still not acceptable).
But here is a guy who was regarded as one of the best strikers in the world, even winning a Euro player of year award in 2001, back in his LFC days, and now...
If he did not have a reputation, would anyone even know he plays for UTD.

dbecks

Executive Member
Wow. "neh-nene-neh-neh"?

A football player wants to play football. Sitting on the bench for 99% of the players out there is the last place they want to be. Many bench warming players would rather move to a lesser team if it guaranteed first team football.

Basically Owen is a spectactor that gets paid to spectate barring the odd 5 minute runs he gets.

On the other hand, Owen is in the twilight of his career and given his injury woes over the years, maybe the bench is the perfect place for him.
Yes "neh-nene-neh-neh":p (im trying to be decent) I wanted to actually say to the haters a BIG -->http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4148/5096180693_e0b723b867.jpg.....:D

He plays for a club thats competing for top honours regulary (and he is winning trophies) and he is happy here, why question that?

Last edited:

dbecks

Executive Member
As a LFC fan, not insulted by that and sure he was talking abt Newcastle (still not acceptable).
But here is a guy who was regarded as one of the best strikers in the world, even winning a Euro player of year award in 2001, back in his LFC days, and now...
If he did not have a reputation, would anyone even know he plays for UTD.
You get top teams and you get poor teams - whats so unacceptable about that?

superskully

Expert Member
Sitting on the bench for a big team mean more moola than playing for a small one :D
I am not sure but what does he get paid now, i recall something like a 'pay if you fit' kind of a deal.
At Newcastle, he was getting paid over 100k, sure he is not getting that at UTD.