Microsoft: Counterfeit software will delete your Facebook account

n00berizer

FUD FUD FUD
If you want a decent OS install UBUNTU.
fscking M$ and their ***.

stricken

Expert Member
WHAT?! Where can i get this Fake Software? How does it work?! I have attempted to properly delete my Facebook account numerous times, but no beans.

sitnet

Probably by far the worst anti-piracy campaign I have ever seen! If you have no clue whatsoever what software and virusses are you might fall for this, thinking "Wow, I didn't know that was possible!", otherwise, like me, you will have a great laugh.

The thing that I hate most about this is that I already know somewhere in the furure someone will tell me that I should use genuine software else my Facebook account will be deleted. Then I will tell them that is not true, and then they will start arguing with me and tell me the o-so-mighty Microsoft said so, so it must be true.

Bottom line, get a good anti-virus and update it often!

:mad:

CyBeRmAn

Wow that is hilarious! Anybody who falls for something this rediculous is not worthy of pirating anything. These are the same types of people who on Facebook click links like 'OMG SEE WHO VISIST YOUR PROFILE THE MOST', they then get their profile hacked and promptly say things like 'I DONT KNOW HOW I GOT HACKED, DURRR HURRR etc..."

ShakeSpeer

Maybe its time to switch to OS X ... they don't have a bug in their OS that could delete your Facebook profile

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
WHAT?! Where can i get this Fake Software? How does it work?! I have attempted to properly delete my Facebook account numerous times, but no beans.

+1 - finally - something that will properly delete FB account

grimd5

:mad: MS found a new way to extort more profit. .....mmmmm....(PIRACY ALL THE WAY:whistling: )

saixbot

Did the MS minions come up with this strategy around the water cooler when it was jokingly filled with vodka as part of an office prank? Crazy dudes, crazy.... Oh I almost forgot, does this Counterfeit software also delete my old HotMail account or is that considered safe eh? :)

MyWorld

Executive Member
+1 - finally - something that will properly delete FB account

WHOAW, Finally! I need to pirate more software!
:D

Login to facebook

Paste

https://www.facebook.com/help/contac...delete_account

And click submit

and then stay off facebook for 14 days, then it will be gone
It is a bit more complicated than that:
http://www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account
What they did not mention in the article is that it will be a good idea to clear out your cookies as well.

With FB integration becoming all the more popular it is becoming more and more difficult to delete your account.

TJ99

Honorary Master
Haha, oh MS... seriously you guys... At least they're finally admitting that piracy is making a copy ("fake") and not stealing. So somewhere in the swamp of retardation that is this ad, squatteth the Toad of Truth.

MVGL

Microsoft goes on to say that pirated software has a higher total cost of ownership as it carries no manufacturer's warranty and users won't be entitled to technical assistance if they need it.

Really, has anyone in the know ever, seriously ever, used their Technical Support? I remeber the days of the very first Windows and have dealt with every version ever since. Have never had to deal with anyone from MS.[.

AnimateX

Microsoft goes on to say that pirated software has a higher total cost of ownership as it carries no manufacturer's warranty and users won't be entitled to technical assistance if they need it.

Liars, purchasing software has never given you anything of the kind. In fact the EULAs you agree to explicitly exempts the software from any warranty of any kind.

PPJ

+100

Its not the 1st of April? ........ is it???:D