Microsoft Edge for mobile gets a built-in fake news detector

sajunky

Honorary Master
All news except so called "fake news" are fake or misleading public.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Who determines what is fake news? MS and China?
It's a NewsGuard integration. I installed the Chrome extension yesterday to try it out for a while. It actually seems pretty good, and reasonably flags dodge news sites with an explanation when you click the icon.

Here's an example:

Nobody Important

Executive Member
It's a NewsGuard integration. I installed the Chrome extension yesterday to try it out for a while. It actually seems pretty good, and reasonably flags dodge news sites with an explanation when you click the icon.

Here's an example:
Does it also flag content by the "loose cannons" of the world?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Does it also flag content by the "loose cannons" of the world?
Dunno. Do you have examples? It gives Fox News the green flag, which is more than a little concerning.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Can't wait to watch SABC on my Edge mobile browser
Why is someone with the name "Telkom Customer Service" commenting on a thread like this? Are you a genuine rep for Telkom? Then you should be on the forum with one specific purpose and that is to pick up on the dozens of threads dealing with Telkom issues, and nothing else.

Fake Telkom Account

Why is someone with the name "Telkom Customer Service" commenting on a thread like this? Are you a genuine rep for Telkom? Then you should be on the forum with one specific purpose and that is to pick up on the dozens of threads dealing with Telkom issues, and nothing else.
I don't work for Telkom, I just picked this name as some kind of sick joke.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Yeah nah, rather not have anyone dictate what they consider fake or not ...... and that goes for right and left craycray sites