Microsoft ends XP sales

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

XP is the best OS Microsoft invented :( Vista is the worst :(

Sly21C

Expert Member
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

XP is the best OS Microsoft invented :( Vista is the worst :(

What is wrong with vista really? I've never used vista but have heard a lot of people saying that they don't like vista because it's not compatible with most software programs amongsts other reasons. I also LOVE my xp home edition, and i won't change it in the medium term. It's too sad that xp production will stop, what's the world coming to? WE WANT FREEDOM OF CHOICE!

What is wrong with vista really? I've never used vista but have heard a lot of people saying that they don't like vista because it's not compatible with most software programs amongsts other reasons. I also LOVE my xp home edition, and i won't change it in the medium term. It's too sad that xp production will stop, what's the world coming to? WE WANT FREEDOM OF CHOICE!

Vista eats RAM like it was going out of fashion :(

Moederloos

Honorary Master
And by August we will hear: "Windows XP continues to ship".

It seems every other day we hear about XP sales ending, and then XP sales continuing.

I pity the fool who installs Vista.

Weasley

Expert Member
The problem with vista is that its overpriced and u need a gaming PC to run all the nice futures. Very little usable extra functions and all the worth wile once are in ultimate. All the others are editions useless. Although vista is more stable from the start than XP its far to expensive. (being running it at home for about year now never have i had any blue screens of death ) Only time vista gave me trouble is when i tried to crack it and it didn't work, so i got legal version.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Noooo! I hate vista. Uses tooooo much RAM. You cant use my software to manage the performace of my grapics card and my CPU cause Vista over rides it cause its a "dangerouse" operation. I hate you vista! Never never nevr will it be on my pc. Everything if you want to do something right click and run as administrator otherwise it wont work. All the stuff i us need admin rights so I like XP. :(

ThatOtherGuy

I don't quite understand. They stopping the shipping of XP for new pc's major manufacturers, but they can "downgrade". However, this has been the case all the time AFAIK. Most new pc's and laptops came out with VISTA by default and if you wanted XP, you needed to pay a downgrade fee.

Or did I miss something?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The little computer shops should still be able to sell you a copy of XP until the end of the year. I will keep using it as long as I can. Those computers that I don't have a license for will get Ubuntu. Vista is not an option for me. M$ is shooting themselves in the foot by doing this.

Last edited:

Nod

Executive Member
From The Register
Dell is actively promoting a Microsoft licensing loophole to channel partners eager to keep selling PCs installed with Windows XP, after Microsoft's official cut off.

The Dell channel blog is pointing resellers to the loophole in the Windows Vista license that enables business customers to downgrade from the unwanted Windows Vista to its dated, but comfortable and better-supported predecessor.

According to the blog: "Dell can sell what we've branded 'Windows Vista Bonus' which allows us to preinstall XP Professional with a Vista license (on select system categories). This lets customer's upgrade to the Vista platform when they're ready. And yes, Dell will support both OSs."

So Dell can still give you XP, aka 'Windows Vista Bonus' :p

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
I don't quite understand. They stopping the shipping of XP for new pc's major manufacturers, but they can "downgrade". However, this has been the case all the time AFAIK. Most new pc's and laptops came out with VISTA by default and if you wanted XP, you needed to pay a downgrade fee.

Or did I miss something?

It is called "milking the masses" for more money. :sick:

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
The little computer shops should still be able to sell you a copy of Vista until the end of the year. I will keep using it as long as I can. Those computers that I don't have a license for will get Ubuntu. Vista is not an option for me. M$ is shooting themselves in the foot by doing this.

errrr... you meant XP? :p

friedpiggy

Expert Member
the problem with vista is not only that it is a ram monger (ie it eats more ram than 5 copies of xp combined) but also that the infinite wisdom that is microsoft decided to move half of the commonly used features to new areas, so where it used to take me 5 minutes to fix a problem i now take like an hour.

its slow its horrible and half ot the apps i use daily dont work on it unless you jump through hoops to try get the thing to do what you want instead of what ms wants.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
I disliked Vista intensely on my first meet.

I think XP still got a long life ahead - if Winders 7 doesn't cut it.