Microsoft fixing Windows 10 “just restarting” to install updates

Shaun108

Executive Member
Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if Windoze automatically activates your camera/mic to check if you're at your desk. Next is ads based on what clothing you're wearing while you're at your pc or facial emotional predictive based ads suddenly popping up depending on your mood.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if Windoze automatically activates your camera/mic to check if you're at your desk. Next is ads based on what clothing you're wearing while you're at your pc or facial emotional predictive based ads suddenly popping up depending on your mood.
Shhhh... you're going to upset many people on this forum ;)

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
But it is mandatory for Windows to do sudden reboots.

Otherwise people would not be hating it as much as they do now.

*snerk*

genetic

Honorary Master
Is that you sajunky?

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
You do realise that you can change all those settings and that ad's can be easily blocked. I thought I'd just point that out just in case you'd forgotten.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Backed up by what facts? I am by no means an Microsoft fan, but Windows 10 has been the most stable OS to date. Don't get me started on that garbage OS X stuff, pie wheel hell.
Based on the fact that actually trying to use it is like having a 300 pound gorilla with steel toed boots on kick you in the face repeatedly for 72 hours.

Anytime you open a new screen in Windows 10, like your printer devices for example, the OS goes into this ten minute search mode which locks up your system and prevents you from doing anything else until it has finished counting it's fingers and toes.

Then when you are looking for control panel settings you have to remember now if that setting exists in the old style control panel, or has it been moved to the new Playdough control panel.

Then there is Microsoft's betting on the fact that we would all be using touch screens by now. Newsflash, we're not. And you will struggle to even find decent touch screens on sale for less than a bazillian dollars. So why not offer a desktop mode option that locks down all that childish flashy playdough crap if you don't need it or want it.

And finally there is of course the above update and restart problem. This thing does more updates than my Portuguese neighbour giving the local neighbourhood gossip over the fence to her friends.
I think this things has downloaded about twenty full copies of Windows 10 since I installed it six months ago. What the ever living hell? Just pick one version and stick with it. Or offer me critical updates only.

semaphore

Honorary Master
Based on the fact that actually trying to use it is like having a 300 pound gorilla with steel toed boots on kick you in the face repeatedly for 72 hours.
Not exactly sure what you're trying to get at here.

Anytime you open a new screen in Windows 10, like your printer devices for example, the OS goes into this ten minute search mode which locks up your system and prevents you from doing anything else until it has finished counting it's fingers and toes.
Rubbish.

Then when you are looking for control panel settings you have to remember now if that setting exists in the old style control panel, or has it been moved to the new Playdough control panel.
Type Control panel on the menu search.

Then there is Microsoft's betting on the fact that we would all be using touch screens by now. Newsflash, we're not. And you will struggle to even find decent touch screens on sale for less than a bazillian dollars. So why not offer a desktop mode option that locks down all that childish flashy playdough crap if you don't need it or want it.
Start10.

And finally there is of course the above update and restart problem. This thing does more updates than my Portuguese neighbour giving the local neighbourhood gossip over the fence to her friends.
I think this things has downloaded about twenty full copies of Windows 10 since I installed it six months ago. What the ever living hell? Just pick one version and stick with it. Or offer me critical updates only.
Its called rolling updates, hardware changes, software changes. This is how software evolves. So what if its downloaded multiple versions? Some updates are big, some are minor increments. I have no idea why people are ranting on about the restarts. My windows updated now and wants to do a restart I've set my working ours which will allow it to do the updates later tonight.

Sorry all these things you've mentioned have zero base in the real world and purely your opinion on the matter and do not talk to the quality of the software.

Last edited:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Not exactly sure what you're trying to get at here.

Rubbish.

Type Control panel on the menu search.

Start10.

Its called rolling updates, hardware changes, software changes. This is how software evolves. So what if its downloaded multiple versions? Some updates are big, some are minor increments. I have no idea why people are ranting on about the restarts. My windows updated now and wants to do a restart I've set my working ours which will allow it to do the updates later tonight.

Sorry all these things you've mentioned have zero base in the real world and purely your opinion on the matter and do not talk to the quality of the software.
Yeah look. If you think you are going to change people's perceptions of this thing by posting "Rubbish" to their real life experiences, then you are not much different from Microsoft in this regard.
I stand by my experiences and perceptions of what a load of trash this OS is.

semaphore

Honorary Master
Yeah look. If you think you are going to change people's perceptions of this thing by posting "Rubbish" to their real life experiences, then you are not much different from Microsoft in this regard.
I stand by my experiences and perceptions of what a load of trash this OS is.
Nah, I could not care about your perceptions of the OS. I was purely interested in your reasoning. If screens are taking 10mins to load you should rather look at the underlying hardware than the OS. All screens including network intensive ones on my end are practically instant, the only time it shat its pants was on a network with 10,000 other people.

Electron1

Expert Member

* Rep Given - thanks for making my day! :crylaugh:\

I have got used to windows 10 and all its Cr@p.
I think it is a great OS, despite its constant changes.
Got used to not expecting any setting to be in the same place anymore, and the massive ((c) MyBB) updates.