Microsoft has reversed a setting change in Windows 11 that made it difficult to change the default browser from Edge

NeoAcheron

To be honest though, I've switched away from Chrome because it's performance was terrible recently. New updates seemed more and more unstable, with the damn thing crashing so often that I thought I had hardware issues.

Switched to Opera (which funny enough uses the same Chromium engine under the hood) and it's been smooth sailing since. I still used Chrome for "saved" or "installed" web apps (dedicated browser Windows, like for Music and tools I use), until I found out that Edge gives me exactly the same functionality, just a little bit faster (because Chrome is slow AF these days)

Sapphiron

Expert Member
Same for me, Chrome has been increasingly terrible. Firefox has been equally terrible for me. Opera, Brave and the other "feature rich" browsers have similar performance problems.

I am a fairly heavy web-apps user, so that might be why.

Of all the browsers, Edge is performing the best by far. Pity I have to keep fighting with it because of MS's scummy behavior.

eg2505

Honorary Master
lawsuit incoming in 3....2...1....

just like when MS pulled the same stunt back in the Netscape days of yore.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
lawsuit incoming in 3....2...1....

just like when MS pulled the same stunt back in the Netscape days of yore.

It was only possible on the previewers build, obviously running a previewers build is a means to product improvement, hence certain choices. I doubt it would have made its way into the consumer build. So, no lawsuit.

eg2505

Honorary Master
So, no lawsuit.
not yet,

I'm sure they itching to pull the trigger on another antitrust lawsuit, if MS even attempts to pull another Netscape on us,
and make it hard to swap Internet browsers

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
It was only possible on the previewers build, obviously running a previewers build is a means to product improvement, hence certain choices. I doubt it would have made its way into the consumer build. So, no lawsuit.
No it's in the RTM final Windows 11 build.