Microsoft Phone System

gjm

Does anyone have experience with Microsoft Phone System in South Africa that can share their knowledge?
We are looking at a VoIP solution for our 3 offices (+-15 employees in each office) and it would be great if it can be incorporated with Microsoft Teams. However there is so much information available on the Microsoft website that I can't make sense of how it actually works.
It seems calling plans are not available in SA and we have to use Direct Routing. Would that mean that we first have to set up VoIP with an external provider and link that with Microsoft Phone System? From the Microsoft website: “companies can bring their own telecoms services on to the MS Cloud and use these on the Microsoft Phone System”.

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
Do you have licenses for Teams? there are pretty specific ones required for voice and conferencing options.
The other thing is you need an SBC to act as the proxy for SIP trunks.
Its not easy and requires a lot of technical know-how to do, so unless you have that ability I would probably look at approaching a company that knows what they are doing.

gjm

Do you have licenses for Teams? there are pretty specific ones required for voice and conferencing options.
The other thing is you need an SBC to act as the proxy for SIP trunks.
Its not easy and requires a lot of technical know-how to do, so unless you have that ability I would probably look at approaching a company that knows what they are doing.
We only have Microsoft 365 Business Basic licenses which include Teams. I assume we will need additional voice licenses.
What is an SBC?
I don't have the time to do it myself and would like to use our current IT company, but they are not clued up with Microsoft Phone System.

Monka

Does anyone have experience with Microsoft Phone System in South Africa that can share their knowledge?
We are looking at a VoIP solution for our 3 offices (+-15 employees in each office) and it would be great if it can be incorporated with Microsoft Teams. However there is so much information available on the Microsoft website that I can't make sense of how it actually works.
It seems calling plans are not available in SA and we have to use Direct Routing. Would that mean that we first have to set up VoIP with an external provider and link that with Microsoft Phone System? From the Microsoft website: “companies can bring their own telecoms services on to the MS Cloud and use these on the Microsoft Phone System”.
Care to pm me your details?

vdmerwa9

Could you DM me your email address and breakdown of equipment needed and level of support.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
We’ve got Microsoft Teams Direct routing if you’re interested (incl approved SBC) as well as pretty decent rates. Drop me a PM and I’ll send you more information.

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
We’ve got Microsoft Teams Direct routing if you’re interested (incl approved SBC) as well as pretty decent rates. Drop me a PM and I’ll send you more information.
OP, in all honesty this is your best route for a company of the size you described. Teams for that size company is best left as a hosted service provided by a company that knows what they are doing.

Im in the UC space too but I think the smallest site I have is 10k users, bigger sites have upwards of 200k users.

rajharie

I am involved with both Teams and with VoIP (3CX).
With Teams Voice Calling, you will need an additional license over and above your M365 Business Basic license for each user that needs to make and receive phone calls. You will also require a license from the Voice service provider that will be delivering your landline solution. All in you are looking at a cost of around R300-R600 per extension (user) for licensing. Factor in your call costs to give you an idea of monthly spend. Making and receiving phone calls on Teams is convenient.

The other option is to look at a dedicated PBX. We provide 3CX (unlimited extensions but hardware limitations) and licenses based on the number of inbound and outbound calls. If you need Voice Recording, you will need a Professional licence. If you want, you can PM me but to give you an idea, a PBX for 50 extensions and 16 simultaneous inbound and outbound calls is priced at R698 per month in the cloud.

gjm

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be in contact with everyone that offered to provide support or more information.

ClassFPS

Hey everybody. We are a school looking for VOIP and I've been looking at BitCo and Vox. Vox include uncapped data for voice calls but I don't know much about them. Who is the best VOIP provider with PBX (either virtual or onsite PBX)

Should we go with the same provider that does the fibre data or do you think it is better getting it through another company? Really need some suggestions, I would appreciate it. We looking at 32 extensions with custom routing.

Currently we have VUMA home fibre 1Gbps (possibly looking at upgrading to business fibre) need a fast and SUPER reliable solution since this is a school se we need to stay in communication with parents at times.

Monka

Hey everybody. We are a school looking for VOIP and I've been looking at BitCo and Vox. Vox include uncapped data for voice calls but I don't know much about them. Who is the best VOIP provider with PBX (either virtual or onsite PBX)

Should we go with the same provider that does the fibre data or do you think it is better getting it through another company? Really need some suggestions, I would appreciate it. We looking at 32 extensions with custom routing.

Currently we have VUMA home fibre 1Gbps (possibly looking at upgrading to business fibre) need a fast and SUPER reliable solution since this is a school se we need to stay in communication with parents at times.
Care to PM me your contact details?