Microsoft promotes developers to use Windows 8

Joe Average

It is only a matter of time before there would be a flood of Win8 apps. The XAML, C# platform is extremely powerful for the Win Store Apps.......but, what is even more important : “But if Microsoft stays focused on quality not quantity, they can win.”

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master

twicode

Expert Member
I will still stick to my browser and my non store apps. Having apps in the windows store is not going to change how I use a PC.
Unless you have Windows RT IMO apart from the novelty not that many people will use the store.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I will still stick to my browser and my non store apps. Having apps in the windows store is not going to change how I use a PC.
Unless you have Windows RT IMO apart from the novelty not that many people will use the store.

TBH, I work on a multimonitor setup, so "Metro" is a bit irritating at times, but if I was working purely on a single screen setup, the Metro would actually work incredibly well.

saliehendricks

Metro has the potential to change how desktop users operate. The super users will likely still prefer the standard desktop, but the bulk of the 400 million users will probably utilize the metro tiles, just because it is in their face. If this turns out to be true, it is quite a compelling audience to develop apps for.

I can see myself using an FNB app to quickly do some banking in metro. Same goes for email, chat, twitter etc

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
TBH, I work on a multimonitor setup, so "Metro" is a bit irritating at times, but if I was working purely on a single screen setup, the Metro would actually work incredibly well.

I find the Multi monitor approach not to bad, in fact I love it.

Metro and its apps on one screen, legacy desktop + apps on the other. Well I did install Vistart but still it actually works for me. Esp for development. I can code in VS on the normal desktop and test/debug Metro apps on the other.

Then again, I am use to code on my one screen and running a VM on the other for testing so this is just a simpler way of doing just that.

froot

Honorary Master
I find the Multi monitor approach not to bad, in fact I love it.

Metro and its apps on one screen, legacy desktop + apps on the other. Well I did install Vistart but still it actually works for me. Esp for development. I can code in VS on the normal desktop and test/debug Metro apps on the other.

Then again, I am use to code on my one screen and running a VM on the other for testing so this is just a simpler way of doing just that.

Same here. I'm not too bothered by the Metro on one side.
Now all I need is M$ to give me a nice theme for VS2012....