Microsoft to Unveil New Windows on 24 June

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Microsoft to Unveil New Windows on 24 June

Microsoft Corp. will unveil a new version of its flagship Windows software on 24 June, an update that Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella has termed one of the “most significant” overhauls to the personal computer operating system this decade.

koeks525

Expert Member
These clicKbait article titles from MyBroadband :(

I thought MS was going to release a major update to Windows 10 soon.

|tera|

Master of Messengers

They are. This is it. It's just badly worded. There will not be 11, 12 etc.
More here:

Deandbn

I did too until I realized that it's only for insiders..
Ordinary users will get it in October November..

|tera|

Master of Messengers
New version of files missing, BSOD's and drivers breaking more like :)
I've been stable with Windows updates with zero issues since 20H2. I've got 20H1 and also install preview updates sometimes. Still no issues.

I'll be honest that it sucked sometimes on 1703 and earlier.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
They haven't even fixed windows 10 yet and they release a new one? lol
No. Windows 10 gets updated with standard Windows updates and usually 2 annual build updates.

They've 'fixed' it for the past 6 years. They've released a 'new' one for the past 6 years. People don't even know or realise that it is a complete new OS/Build.

I bet..... they will only change a few logo's and go TADAAA
Doubt it. MS is gearing this update to developers and creators. It won't make much difference to the normal user, except for standard enhancements and bug fixes.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Doubt it. MS is gearing this update to developers and creators. It won't make much difference to the normal user, except for standard enhancements and bug fixes.
Like I said.... new logo's :ROFL:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
No. Windows 10 gets updated with standard Windows updates and usually 2 annual build updates.

They've 'fixed' it for the past 6 years. They've released a 'new' one for the past 6 years. People don't even know or realise that it is a complete new OS/Build.

Me thinks they are going to plug Windows 10X straight into Windows 10. New MS Store, improved UI, and generally it will be a QoL upgrade with perhaps some modularity and enhanced device cross compatibility.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Like I said.... new logo's :ROFL:
I've delved a bit into the dev capabilities of Windows 10 recently. The fact that native Linux development tools and solutions like Docker is available on it opened a new world for Microsoft. The Internet is buzzing with activity around it. MS is playing the game well.
Me thinks they are going to plug Windows 10X straight into Windows 10. New MS Store, improved UI, and generally it will be a QoL upgrade with perhaps some modularity and enhanced device cross compatibility.
10X is cancelled though.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
When will the digital industry mature and stabilise, because it effects everything else as well-?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I bet we can kiss Control Panel goodbye :crying:

In the case they do introduce modularity we could see legacy support, but that is whether MS would want to allow their users to customise their OS on a more technical level.

I would say most users, would want a more 'mobile' experience.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Never. If it does it's the end of progress.
But this is a funny type of progress, is progress with short cycles infinitely really progress-?
Something about the recent(1992) TODAY's living is just off.

2+2=4
2+2=4.1
2+2=4.2
2+2=4.3........