Microsoft unveils Xbox One X – Specifications and pricing

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hopefully launches here the same time. Otherwise I need to import it.

FORZA 7 in 4k 60fps!!

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Hot details for this bad boy!

Details 0.jpg
Details 1.jpg
Details 2.jpg
Details 3.jpg
Details 4.jpg

Attachments

• Details 5.jpg
    Details 5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 424

politallycorrect

but now doesn't this kill the case for a console? I thought it was a stable platform for 5-7 years where game designers and users could invest in the peripherals and games knowing they will have usability for a while. now we get a new console every 2 years? Which console do you design for? Do you put effort into designing the best graphics when you have a fragmented install base?

Solitude

Executive Member
but now doesn't this kill the case for a console? I thought it was a stable platform for 5-7 years where game designers and users could invest in the peripherals and games knowing they will have usability for a while. now we get a new console every 2 years? Which console do you design for? Do you put effort into designing the best graphics when you have a fragmented install base?

The games will run on the current XBox One, the XBox One S and the XBox One X. So you don't have to upgrade but if you want higher quality visuals then you can.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Hopefully launches here the same time. Otherwise I need to import it.

FORZA 7 in 4k 60fps!!

+1
Jirre, new Forza in 4K... that's definitely something I'd want to see.
I just wish these idiots would start supporting racing wheels like the Logitech G27.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member

XBX would be released 4 years after the One.

Spending R7K every 4 years for an upgrade would still be a lot cheaper than what I used to spend on upgrading my PC before switching to console.

politallycorrect

thanks. just seems like fragmentation of the userbase and could make it harder to get good quality games

The games will run on the current XBox One, the XBox One S and the XBox One X. So you don't have to upgrade but if you want higher quality visuals then you can.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
thanks. just seems like fragmentation of the userbase and could make it harder to get good quality games

Not not at all.

It's completely transparent to users as everything still works exactly the same.

You buy this if you have a 4K TV and want to play 4K games or if you want the extra oomph in 1080p.

It's not marketed as a "replacement" for the average consumer at all. In fact the Xbox One S is now discounted massively and will ultimately sell way more units.

Like me personally I see now reason to rush out and buy it after the presentation last night and would only consider it as an eBucks purchase for instance.

That might change when comparison videos start showing up though.

xcaliber

Expert Member
XBX would be released 4 years after the One.

Spending R7K every 4 years for an upgrade would still be a lot cheaper than what I used to spend on upgrading my PC before switching to console.

Thats wrong. Spending R7k to get a 980 back then would still see you into this semi new generation. There would be no need to upgrade.

FiestaST

Honorary Master