MikroTik - Who would you say the largest competitors are locally ?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Routing side / networking ...

I believe their WiFi is generally below par?
So I'd guess no competitors on the WiFI side of things?

rubber_otter

Expert Member
When it comes to Routing, I don't think you are going to come close to what Mikrotik offers, especially in their price range.

Internal networking, Unifi. Outdoor networking, eg wireless between a home and a tower, cambium.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Thanks - agreed at the price.

I've just seen a few guys on this forum, say they're no longer doing it and prefer Cambium. Cambium seems to be the new guys and they're doing very well in getting clients to convert, even at their higher pricing. I'm trying to gauge the market and some of them lurk on this very forum :)

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
When it comes to Routing, I don't think you are going to come close to what Mikrotik offers, especially in their price range.

Internal networking, Unifi. Outdoor networking, eg wireless between a home and a tower, cambium.
True, but Ubiquiti is probably a bigger competitor than Cambium

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Cheapshit,Mikrotik,Draytek,Ubiquiti,Ruckus,Meraki/Cisco
------------------------------------------------------------>

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Routing side / networking ...

I believe their WiFi is generally below par?
So I'd guess no competitors on the WiFI side of things?
Depends on what kind of Wifi.

If you are talking about site-to-site links they are often the preferred choice, but then they also don't really "compete" with Ubiquiti there as they often work side by side with their products.

Mikrotik has become quite popular with ISP's to drop as managed client devices since the whole fibre thing, so a massive market there as well.

I very rarely hear or see their enterprise (in rack) equipment though.

access

Executive Member
well priced with detailed configuration options.. dont know of anyone else that does the mirkotik thing.

you can play around with edgeos in ubiquiti or junos in juniper or ios etc. in cisco, but none give it via gui like mikrotik. or for the price.

Genisys

Executive Member
well priced with detailed configuration options.. dont know of anyone else that does the mirkotik thing.

you can play around with edgeos in ubiquiti or junos in juniper or ios etc. in cisco, but none give it via gui like mikrotik. or for the price.
Thing is the GUI is terrible, easy for beginners to use but overall not as flexible as the terminal.