Mildly interesting fact about our R5 coin that you may not know

lived666

Executive Member
Messing around with someones high powered microscope and put in a R5 coin and to my surprise the ridges along the wildebeest are actually not ridges, but spell out SARB - I did not know this.

As I said - mildly interesting:

Attachments

airborne

Executive Member
Op was going for a wee-wee earlier today when suddenly it dawned on him you know what this microscope could be useful for other stuff, felt a R5 coin in his pocket and viola this thread was born!!? :unsure:

When life throws you lemons you put that microscope to good use and look at R5 coins :p

Rabobi

Executive Member
Messing around with someones high powered microscope and put in a R5 coin and to my surprise the ridges along the wildebeest are actually not ridges, but spell out SARB - I did not know this.

As I said - mildly interesting:
Or you can just use a smartphone camera (S8 in this case)

20190430_131148.jpg

Last edited:

lived666

Executive Member
Or you can just a smartphone camera (S8 in this case)

View attachment 651610
Ya, once you know its there, then indeed, you can zoom in with a phone.

Unless you one of these lizard people, that missed the memo and brag about their ability to see beyond what normal humans can see when they supposed to keep quiet.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Ya, once you know its there, then indeed, you can zoom in with a phone.

Unless you one of these lizard people, that missed the memo and brag about their ability to see beyond what normal humans can see when they supposed to keep quiet.
More of an arachnid myself

quovadis

Expert Member
I will go check, but dont have any R5 notes, will check a R200
The majority of the older notes have it (ie. to the right of the Lion on the older R50 notes or any of the wildlife notes) - Haven't had a look tbh at the newer Mandela notes.

lived666

Executive Member
So mildly interesting fact about the R200 note and NO you can't see this with the naked eye and I call BS if you say you can, even smart phone isn't zooming in enough, the spots of the walking leopard are made up of 200's like this:
200a.jpg

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
I’ll be honest. I could and have seen the SARB on the coin, but the 200s was new to me.

gamer16

Executive Member
Here is a nice high detail pic for everyone, there is also something written on this side at the bottom right of the ground at the top of the D, looks like ALS