Mind the speed ISP

HartsockZA

I've just joined MTS and when logging in to check statistics I see that there are multiple disconnects the last few days. Is this normal? Using a 100/50 Openserve line with my own router
Normal, we use the exact same software to monitor our client's connection. Could be very quick disconnects something like dial on demand on the router or timeouts could make this happen.

Mr Smooth

Anyone experiencing connectivity issues on MSP?
Tried calling them and waited for over 20 mins in the que without moving.

Mr Smooth

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
Yes mine as well. Becoming an issue with connectivity issues on MSP.
Time to consider moving back to Cool Ideas.
mine been very good actually. Maybe 5 or 6 outages since I have been with them. In the same time span Cool Ideas had more problems.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
I guess all these providers have their issues. Same as which bank is better.

Originally cool ideas was the same , always up and service good then over time they just got useless. ALmost like the batteries went flat.

MTS still good in my opinion. No complaints from me.

I dont think its easy being any kind of service provider in SA.

TIA = This is Africa.

Mr Smooth

I’ve had connectivity issues since last year November and when I reported it they said no issues. Only discovered it was the modem in February and by than the warranty expired end of January.

Had to pay R1000 for a new router which I didn’t do. Using my old TP Link router from Cool Ideas for now.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
I’ve had connectivity issues since last year November and when I reported it they said no issues. Only discovered it was the modem in February and by than the warranty expired end of January.

Had to pay R1000 for a new router which I didn’t do. Using my old TP Link router from Cool Ideas for now.

i didnt even try their modems. They always rubbish. I went and got an ASUS from Makro the day I got Fibre.

isie

Honorary Master
i didnt even try their modems. They always rubbish. I went and got an ASUS from Makro the day I got Fibre.
true most ISP provided routers are crap - with MTS I took the subsidy option - router of my choice that they paid +/-R800 towards

Thestealth

Expert Member
We had an outage this morning (5am till 9am), sent a message to support but they were still sleeping. Service has been restored in the meantime.

Vsdgkk

I have alot of connectivity issues with them recently. Have canceled now due to MTS not being able to resolve. My ping would spike from 20 to 1500+ regularly (to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8). Afrihost provided me a test account which had none of those issues, even though MTS kept stating the issue was openserve and not them.

edit:clarity

Last edited:

mjzar

Originally cool ideas was the same , always up and service good then over time they just got useless. ALmost like the batteries went flat.

MTS still good in my opinion. No complaints from me.

I dont think its easy being any kind of service provider in SA.

TIA = This is Africa.
I've been with them since last year. Generally it's been okay

Have been impressed with their customer service though, especially when a technician called to update me on an issue and said it was resolved.
Months back I experienced frequent dropped connections, inconsistent service, very frustrating.
It was cleared with the network operator and its been reliable since.

Their communication with customers could be better - with regard to network outages etc.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Did you try this? I use Masterpass scan to pay linked to a credit card not a virtual card.
Nope but net cash said it should work.. By the time they got back to me I had already paid.. Will try next month and revert back