Mind the speed ISP

mjzar

I was curious...
They confirmed to me that there isn't a cost on Vumatel.
I presume as per contract they're entitled to recover charges for activating/migrating if you cancel within six months (usual clawback clause). They said the same in March

IMG_3890.PNG

CrypticZA

Expert Member
I was curious...
I presume as per contract they're entitled to recover charges for activating/migrating if you cancel within six months (usual clawback clause). They said the same in March

View attachment 1088583
Upgrades/downgrades are free on all isps however migrating from another isp attracts charges, if you read their response you see they only speak about upgrades/downgrades.

isie

Honorary Master
I was curious...

View attachment 1088583
you on MTS already so no cost to change packages- its moving from one ISP to another or first time joining there is an activation fee (not installation this is another fee as well) - this is what i'm referring to - its a cost from Vumatel levied on all ISP - they in turn absorb or pass on the cost to users - MTS never charged before may 2021

Last edited:

Slamz

I am currently on the 50/50 at R980pm. Might move down to R790pm, as paying for something I dont use is just a waste of money.
i'm doing exactly this... 20 extra makes no difference to my life, the savings can be useful

mjzar

Upgrades/downgrades are free on all isps however migrating from another isp attracts charges, if you read their response you see they only speak about upgrades/downgrades.
you on MTS already so no cost to change packages- its moving from one ISP to another or first time joining there is an activation fee (not installation this is another fee as well) - this is what i'm referring to - its a cost from Vumatel levied on all ISP - the yin turn absorb or pass on the cost to users - MTS never charged before may 2021
Understood :thumbsup: They didn't charge any activation when I signed up last year, they used to absorb the cost then

isie

Honorary Master
Understood :thumbsup: They didn't charge any activation when I signed up last year, they used to absorb the cost then
yup - I been with them now over a year - and added a second account for my folks mid May - luckily I just missed the activation fee

R4m80

Not true. I wanted to downgrade my 100 mbps Openserve line and MTS told me that there would be a charge involved. That was after more than a year with them and being on a month to month. That's when I moved to CI.

isie

Honorary Master
hi guys has vumatel confirmed this upgrade ?
my isp has not responded to this
thanks
Nothing from Vumatel as yet - and from what i can see seems the only ISP that has said anything so far is MTS

mjzar

mjzar

They've just sent an email. My connection is all fine though unaffected probably because I'm on what was SADV
chrome_6wiMHkZjs8.png

mjzar

What does the mail say.. My laptop is off lol
No detail to speak of.

Vumatel is experiencing an issue currently, we are aware and have reported it to their engineers to investigate.

We will update as soon as we receive feedback from them.

Kind regards,
Support @ Mind The Speed

Bl1zz4rd

Anyone in CT with MTS experiencing some international latency? I've got latency issues and packet loss in games. Lots of traceroutes timing out.