Mind the speed ISP

rh1

Expert Member
I have been doing regular speed checks to see if they upgraded me since they charge me R980 this month, just once did I see thay speed and this was early this evening. Browsing was nice and fast, and suddenly, slow opening of websites.Once again I am back to 50mb. The test was on Mybb Speed test where I got the 70/70. Here is my Speedtest:
Screenshot_20210707-222827_Speedtest.jpg

Thestealth

Expert Member
Ping: 6ms
Download: 98.38Mbps
Upload: 103.35Mbps

Something wrong on my side as well. We're supposed to be on 50/50 but last night I noticed it seemed a bit faster. Going to get in touch with them later to fix it.

isie

Honorary Master
Ping: 6ms
Download: 98.38Mbps
Upload: 103.35Mbps

Something wrong on my side as well. We're supposed to be on 50/50 but last night I noticed it seemed a bit faster. Going to get in touch with them later to fix it.
:oops: you on 100/100 and supposed to be on 50/50
you better just shut up about it :ROFL:

TheJman

Expert Member
Hi guys - wanted to get a sense on whether you would recommend MTS - seems like a bit of a mixed bag of people having issues and others not on here

isie

Honorary Master
Hi guys - wanted to get a sense on whether you would recommend MTS - seems like a bit of a mixed bag of people having issues and others not on here
I would recommend them

from my perspective those having issues seems to be FNO related and not MTS

tehan

I am actually cancelling this month and going to Websquad. Was with them since the beginning, but am no longer as happy with them as I used to be. Getting weird instability at times, bad international traffic, and now the recent disconnects, which they say is just Vumatel, but it is only happening on their network. If you're not on Vumatel, I think you should be fine to use them, but they have too many issues with Vuma for me to rec them if that is your FNO.

Reactions: rh1

esmile

I am actually cancelling this month and going to Websquad. Was with them since the beginning, but am no longer as happy with them as I used to be. Getting weird instability at times, bad international traffic, and now the recent disconnects, which they say is just Vumatel, but it is only happening on their network. If you're not on Vumatel, I think you should be fine to use them, but they have too many issues with Vuma for me to rec them if that is your FNO.
To tell you the truth, I'm with MTS and Vumatel is the FNO and I'm very happy with their service. The only issues I had were due to Vumatel being down and not MTS

Mr Smooth

Been with MTS for over 18 months but since December 2020, I’ve been experiencing disconnects quite often.

Friend who lives a few houses away from me on Cool Ideas, never experiences drops when I do.

We both on Openserve.
Moving to Cool Ideas from 1 August.

HartsockZA

Expert Member
I have moved places and man just to battle to get Openserve to install, Frogfoot took like 2 days max from the day I ordered the line. I placed trunking for Frogfoot and did the same for openserve the crew for Frogfoot were awesome and we're pretty glad they didn't have to do any hard work apart from pushing it through the trunking.

Openserve, on the other hand, didn't want to do it cause apparently they have hit area capacity and then I applied again through MTS and they managed to get it in with Openserve but boy oh boy is Openserve just taking their sweet @ss time. I applied for it on the 1st and still nothing from Openserve. Neo is pretty great to handle the case and I do get responses from MTS. They are an alright bunch, I have to have 2 lines installed cause work demands it, over the two networks Frogfoot has great speed and prices but Openserve by far has great stability. Once it's installed does that line work baby. My router has been online for 9 days and our Frogfoot line has been down 17 times. Sometimes the line doesn't drop but there's nadda no throughput squat.

Anyways MTS is still good but do they get hammered if the FNO go down.

rh1

Expert Member
Here is an example of website not opening:
20210709_192747.jpg

Speed test says I am getting 30/30

rh1

Expert Member
Could not even post using fibre, had to use my mobile data: Screenshot_20210709-193314_Chrome.jpg

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I'm with vumatel and have had two disconnects in 5 months..

The Jam

Honorary Master
the downgrade story is BS, i "downgraded", was on 50/50, then new package was 70/70, i told them i wanted to stay on 50, They sent me the bill for 980, i told them i asked to remain on my same package and pay the new reduced rate. same day received the downgrade form, signed and sent it back, next day i got my new invoice for R790.

dont know about you guys having issues with them, but i've always had great service from them, except for line interuptions leading to the new packages were their quiet a few disconnects, but since the 1st July, been ok
I've had good service too so far.