Mindthespeed.co.za Launching 19 August 2019

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Been really good. Did not skip a beat. Actually considering dropping Afrihost for MTS :unsure:

Just wish they would reply to emails unless they haven't been working at all for the last three days. Trying to sign up and have emailed their specific departments for quicker responses but so far nothing from them.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Just wish they would reply to emails unless they haven't been working at all for the last three days. Trying to sign up and have emailed their specific departments for quicker responses but so far nothing from them.
Strange. I did not mail this weekend but when I signed up it took just like 10min for them to reply and call me.

Neo Stryder

I had issues with installation and getting online. Not on fault of MTS though. Fiber was installed Thursday but my line was somehow already with mweb. So I had to wait 24hours for mweb to release the line so that MTS could activate my package. 757568

Neo Stryder

Call them.... I also had issues regarding them not getting back to me. "Sales department"

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Call them.... I also had issues regarding them not getting back to me. "Sales department"
I did then one lady said oh they already placed an order for me (no email nothing) and then I spoke to "Noni" where we discussed a few things and she said she would email the details and as I sit here still no email. So at this point in time I have effectively received zero communication from them.

C_4

Also had issues with communication here. Emailed them multiple times, but they only responded when I gave them a call.

HowTo

Expert Member
Hi Minde the Speed team

Please notify us when Internationally speeds are effected.
I noticed this when i logged online to POE.
Normal 166ms now 225ms. Communicate with your customers.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Poor speed at times. Long wait calling the call center. Lastly the price increase.
Do you have any ref numbers for me to check, we constantly review our hold times and on average are low. Would also like an example if you can I can check it.

Mr Smooth

Do you have any ref numbers for me to check, we constantly review our hold times and on average are low. Would also like an example if you can I can check it.
Don’t have reference numbers but this occurred when Cool Ideas had those DDOS attacks.
Guess everyone was under pressure during this time.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Don’t have reference numbers but this occurred when Cool Ideas had those DDOS attacks.
Guess everyone was under pressure during this time.
Ok I can understand in that situation that but since then?

marco79

Expert Member
So installation is expected on Thursday. Anything I need to get ready? We going to be on Vumatel network 10/10. I'll probably upgrade in a month or 2 to 20/20.

What router to they supply and install?

And I want the router installed in one of our back rooms, probably 20m from the fibre box on the front wall. How do they extend the cable? Underground around the house? Or can they run the cable up the side of the house and under the flashing of the roof to the room? Or do I have to work out a route for the cable.

Sorry for all the noob questions.

joshuatree

Expert Member
I might jump ship from Rocketnet Vumatel 10/2 due to the price increase from March 1.

Is the pricing of Mindthespeed on Vumatel correct, or is there a price increase coming?

Is see they currently offer 10/10 for R620, whereas the Rocketnet 10/2 line is jumping from R549 to R645.

HowTo

Expert Member
So installation is expected on Thursday. Anything I need to get ready? We going to be on Vumatel network 10/10. I'll probably upgrade in a month or 2 to 20/20.

What router to they supply and install?

And I want the router installed in one of our back rooms, probably 20m from the fibre box on the front wall. How do they extend the cable? Underground around the house? Or can they run the cable up the side of the house and under the flashing of the roof to the room? Or do I have to work out a route for the cable.

Sorry for all the noob questions.
When you applied you should have the option of Routers.
What router to they supply and install? I have my own ASUS.