Mindthespeed.co.za Launching 19 August 2019

marco79

Expert Member
So installation is expected on Thursday. Anything I need to get ready? We going to be on Vumatel network 10/10. I'll probably upgrade in a month or 2 to 20/20.

What router to they supply and install?

And I want the router installed in one of our back rooms, probably 20m from the fibre box on the front wall. How do they extend the cable? Underground around the house? Or can they run the cable up the side of the house and under the flashing of the roof to the room? Or do I have to work out a route for the cable.

Sorry for all the noob questions.
Just my luck, our loadshedding is scheduled for 08h00 to 10h30 tomorrow morning when installation is planned.

marco79

Expert Member
Installation completed, but router is still en route. It will only be delivered tomorrow.

marco79

Expert Member
Installation completed, but router is still en route. It will only be delivered tomorrow.
Router delivered 07h30 this morning. Now I have to find an excuse from to leave early from work to connect and set everything up.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
What
Router delivered 07h30 this morning. Now I have to find an excuse from to leave early from work to connect and set everything up.
What router did they supply? And is the router owned by them if you move within X months and after Y months yours?

EDIT:

1. Equipment
All equipment that we supply to you belong to us. We will provide a router for free for your use of our services. If you prefer to select a router of your own choice, then we will subsidise the router by R862.50. If you cancel your services within the first 12 months, or we suspend your account for breach of our policies you must either:

• return the router in good work condition to us with all cabling and accessories;
  • pay us the full retail price of the router; or
  • pay us the R862.50 we subsidised for the router of your choice.
We will arrange collection of the equipment at our own cost.

marco79

Expert Member
I received the standard Zyxel router. Set everything up. Speeds are close to 10/10. But I think we need more juice. So going to up our speed to 20/20.

Do I just call into MTS and request forma higher speed?

binloud

I received the standard Zyxel router. Set everything up. Speeds are close to 10/10. But I think we need more juice. So going to up our speed to 20/20.

Do I just call into MTS and request forma higher speed?
You can try on the website and dashboard but I assume they just call you back

marco79

Expert Member
You can try on the website and dashboard but I assume they just call you back
Logged into my profile and requested an upgrade. Called and they said it should take a day or 2 to get the upgraded speed.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Anyone on the 50mbps or 100mbps plans?

I'm interested in signing up when fibre in my area goes live.

Thestealth

Expert Member

Howzit, we're on the 50/50 package (Vumatel trenched). We're really happy with the service and speed so far. We found them to be the only ISP (on our shortlist) that was willing to do the installation with a 30m+ cable run from the wall box outside. Router delivery was quick (Zyxel router) and dealing with support to get the line activated was super easy. We're having a good experience so far.

dj2381

Expert Member

Ping: 1ms
Download: 50.49Mbps
Upload: 48.48Mbps

Also on 50/50 Vumatel, no issues since signing up.

marco79

Expert Member
Logged into my profile and requested an upgrade. Called and they said it should take a day or 2 to get the upgraded speed.
Due to some technical glitches that was picked up between Vuma & MTS, my upgrade to 20/20 only went active this morning. I will unfortunately only get home late tonight to test the speed.

So an upgrade request took less than 72hrs and that is with some technical glitch somewhere in the mix.

HowTo

Expert Member
II see the fiber issues are sorted. Online gaming is back to normal.
Even updates on Laptop is much faster per say Windows.

Still issues, was online still erratic from time to time.

Last edited:

marco79

Expert Member
I upgraded to 50Mbps, but my speed is still as follows:
ISP: Network Platforms
Ping: 6ms
Download: 5.09Mbps
Upload: 9.93Mbps
Test your speed: http://speedtest.co.za

What can I do to fix this?

HowTo

Expert Member
Howzit, we're on the 50/50 package (Vumatel trenched). We're really happy with the service and speed so far. We found them to be the only ISP (on our shortlist) that was willing to do the installation with a 30m+ cable run from the wall box outside. Router delivery was quick (Zyxel router) and dealing with support to get the line activated was super easy. We're having a good experience so far.
Mine they used 150m fiber cable.