Mindthespeed.co.za Launching 19 August 2019

fishfly

Honorary Master
Is MTS the silver bullet or are we going to see the same trend here...

Great new ISP, cheap prices fast speed... 6 months down the line, degraded speed, no communication, no support and smack price increase

wingnut771

Executive Member

Great new ISP, cheap prices fast speed... 6 months down the line, degraded speed, no communication, no support and smack price increase
time will tell.

Neo Stryder

Is anyone else experiencing poor network quality from mind the speed. Ive been having persistent lag spikes for two weeks now.

binloud

Does anyone know if MTS will be doing the free line speed upgrade if you on Vumatel?

INOfentse

I am also quite far down the line. The prices are decent. Communication and support has been decent I must say. A bit laggy at times.

I can only complain about degraded speed at the moment. It seems the speed has degraded. But I would like to get your opinion.

100Mbps product should give you a certain speed with some fudge factor. I have been getting around 50Mbps.
200Mbps product should give you a speed within 200Mbps with some fudge factor. I have been getting around 50Mbps too.

What do you normally get for these above speeds?

fishfly

Honorary Master
I am also quite far down the line. The prices are decent. Communication and support has been decent I must say. A bit laggy at times.

I can only complain about degraded speed at the moment. It seems the speed has degraded. But I would like to get your opinion.

100Mbps product should give you a certain speed with some fudge factor. I have been getting around 50Mbps.
200Mbps product should give you a speed within 200Mbps with some fudge factor. I have been getting around 50Mbps too.

What do you normally get for these above speeds?
You running tests on wifi? Or cabled PC?

INOfentse

on a 20mb line i get 19.4 . cabled pc
That is amazing.
I just did a quick test again after sending a firm email to Mind The Speed, magically, my 200 Mbps line was now delivering around 132.41Mbps download and 187Mbps upload. Generally, I have been at 60 Mbps download and and 65 Mbps upload on their so called "200 Mbps" line.

Surely, if you are selling a 200Mbps line, then it shouldn't be running at 50-60Mbps but should be within a threshold like 10-20% deviation?

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
That is amazing.
I just did a quick test again after sending a firm email to Mind The Speed, magically, my 200 Mbps line was now delivering around 132.41Mbps download and 187Mbps upload. Generally, I have been at 60 Mbps download and and 65 Mbps upload on their so called "200 Mbps" line.

Surely, if you are selling a 200Mbps line, then it shouldn't be running at 50-60Mbps but should be within a threshold like 10-20% deviation?
Find the same thing here. Speed often seems to run half line speed (100Mbps on openserve).

Stratt

That is amazing.

I had similar issues on my 100mbit, turned out to be FNO (Frogfoot) congestion in my area. They logged a call with Frogfoot, who upgraded the uplinks in my area, and I now consistently get 98mbit to 99mbit up and down.

esmile

Anyone know what time the speed upgrade is happening? Wouldn't want to be in a Skype Meeting and the connection dies

As1974a

Migrated to MTS as of yesterday. on 20/20 / Vumatel from a 20/2.
For those switching to MTS, Just know that you have no access to the router. For any changes, even SSID and password, you need to log a ticket and wait for them to get to it.
So far for many things i had to call them each time to push them.
Lets hope the it goes well from here.