Mindthespeed.co.za Launching 19 August 2019

esmile

Migrated to MTS as of yesterday. on 20/20 / Vumatel from a 20/2.
For those switching to MTS, Just know that you have no access to the router. For any changes, even SSID and password, you need to log a ticket and wait for them to get to it.
So far for many things i had to call them each time to push them.
Lets hope the it goes well from here.
I don't have this problem, but that's because I have my own Router :)

Lostboy

For those switching to MTS, Just know that you have no access to the router. For any changes, even SSID and password, you need to log a ticket and wait for them to get to it.
You weren't 6 months with Afrihost? I thought you get the router after 6 months?

Anyway I'm on the same package as you were 20/2 and I think MTS 20/20 is cheaper (once the price increase kicks in on Afrihost).

Let us know how it goes on MTS, I might switch then.

JamesBoy

Been with them since Feb 2020 and I haven't had the same issue with the issued Zyxel router. Which one are you using currently?

As1974a

You weren't 6 months with Afrihost? I thought you get the router after 6 months?

Anyway I'm on the same package as you were 20/2 and I think MTS 20/20 is cheaper (once the price increase kicks in on Afrihost).

Let us know how it goes on MTS, I might switch then.
Migrated from Rocketnet. Did keep the router but it was the TP link 300kbs single band so opted for the option to get another and was subsidised by MTS.

As1974a

Been with them since Feb 2020 and I haven't had the same issue with the issued Zyxel router. Which one are you using currently?
Due to the logistics issues they could not get the Zyxel. I opted to pay the difference(after their subsidy) and chose the TP Link C6. However they couldn't get delivery of the C6 so sent me the Microtik HAP until they can replace it after the lock down. so hopefully will have access to that router once received.

isie

Honorary Master
I took their offer to purchase a router of my choice, i have full control it ,flip they sent me the router like a month or so before migration was done, i set it up on my old ISP and as soon migration was done just put in their credentials.
They never even hinted at wanting access to the router, from what i could see they had it delivered straight from wherever they purchased it.

Im sure you can request full access for it if you want

djbrendan

Expert Member
Chose my own router, TP-link C6 archer.
Set up myself, been great so far and they are quick to reply and pick up the phone.

Full control of everything ( talking about the router )

As1974a

Chose my own router, TP-link C6 archer.
Set up myself, been great so far and they are quick to reply and pick up the phone.

Full control of everything ( talking about the router )
A also chose the same router. i suppose since the temporary router is theirs then they wont allow access. maybe once the C6 is delivered then i should have full access to it.

Thestealth

Expert Member
Since joining them in Feb we got the free router and haven't logged a call with them to setup/change anything.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
New to MTS - how do I get them to allow me to expose my public IP?

I've tried to setup port forwarding / firewall rules on my side and it doesn't appear to work?

Anything special I need to ask support for?

esmile

New to MTS - how do I get them to allow me to expose my public IP?

I've tried to setup port forwarding / firewall rules on my side and it doesn't appear to work?

Anything special I need to ask support for?
You'd first want to request a fixed IP. Then you can setup port forwarding for the services that you want to expose publicly...... That's what I would do

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
You'd first want to request a fixed IP. Then you can setup port forwarding for the services that you want to expose publicly...... That's what I would do
As far as I understand their DHCP lease is for 3 weeks - and if I ask for static they just convert that.

However I've tried firewall rules / port forwarding on my USG and it's not working - I'll play around again in a bit.

esmile

As far as I understand their DHCP lease is for 3 weeks - and if I ask for static they just convert that.

However I've tried firewall rules / port forwarding on my USG and it's not working - I'll play around again in a bit.
The last time I needed something I exposed publicly, I just did the port forwarding. The other thing I did because I did not request a static IP was using a DynDNS provider

Stratt

I expose a couple of ports on my side, no change was needed on MTS's side. I do have a static IP though. Once requested the IP did change from the dynamic one I had previously FYI.

HartsockZA

Moved to mts this month, did a line migration and here on the 11th they cut me off. Said they didn't do their application for migration properly so openserve pushed the line back into a holding state. Get told this after hours after waiting the whole day for openserve to tell them this occurred.

Thus far I was impressed by the speed they got me onto their network but sadly their technical support and admin is much to be desired. Worse case scenario openserve closed the line because of mts's clerical glitch and I'm stuck up sh*t creek.

Yea did some digging didn't see any reviews of mts. I hope it's not going to be an issue tomorrow morning.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Moved to mts this month, did a line migration and here on the 11th they cut me off. Said they didn't do their application for migration properly so openserve pushed the line back into a holding state. Get told this after hours after waiting the whole day for openserve to tell them this occurred.

Thus far I was impressed by the speed they got me onto their network but sadly their technical support and admin is much to be desired. Worse case scenario openserve closed the line because of mts's clerical glitch and I'm stuck up sh*t creek.

Yea did some digging didn't see any reviews of mts. I hope it's not going to be an issue tomorrow morning.
They can resubmit the migration request and the line can be migrated within an hour or 2. They have to submit the migration though otherwise the line will just remain suspended in the holding pool until an ISP pulls it from the holding pool.

HartsockZA

They can resubmit the migration request and the line can be migrated within an hour or 2. They have to submit the migration though otherwise the line will just remain suspended in the holding pool until an ISP pulls it from the holding pool.
Yea know that bit, strangely enough I got a confirming email from them saying they have it. Was rather puzzled when Mark ringed me up this evening and said accounts need to sort it out and they couldn't do anything else. So guess I have to wait.

HartsockZA

Lol what a joke so I migrate over to mts and then some reason openserve terminates the line with no reason. Now I have to wait until a openserve technician comes out to do a new install... wtf

cavedog

Honorary Master
Lol what a joke so I migrate over to mts and then some reason openserve terminates the line with no reason. Now I have to wait until a openserve technician comes out to do a new install... wtf
Even if a B number has been cancelled by the an ISP it should still be able to be re activated given the ONT is still unchanged. Also take note that if they come and and swap the ONT for a "new install" it will count as a new install with a New B number and obviously MTS will get charged that. So they will likely claw that back from you if you cancel early.

HartsockZA

Even if a B number has been cancelled by the an ISP it should still be able to be re activated given the ONT is still unchanged. Also take note that if they come and and swap the ONT for a "new install" it will count as a new install with a New B number and obviously MTS will get charged that. So they will likely claw that back from you if you cancel early.
Yea through a technical glitch the client kaks. It's my fault openserve did what they did pfft