Mindthespeed.co.za Launching 19 August 2019

djbrendan

Expert Member
Got an email with the new pricing coming in at July
16% increase on my current package, that's +-R140 more pm

wingnut771

Executive Member
Sure but by how much - and for how much longer before you have to go back?
dunno, i'm the kind that votes with his wallet, for as long as it works i guess. i'm blessed with vuma trenched so i'm okay, but when the price increase comes i will let them know with my wallet. it's madness that fibre is now more expensive than telkom.

catharsis

dunno, i'm the kind that votes with his wallet, for as long as it works i guess. i'm blessed with vuma trenched so i'm okay, but when the price increase comes i will let them know with my wallet. it's madness that fibre is now more expensive than telkom.
Makes perfect sense. Fibre providers getting greedy.
Which cheaper ADSL option are you looking at?

dj2381

Expert Member
I just saw this now, is the price increase only for certain line speeds? I haven't received any E-mails about it, if this is the case I will have to find a new ISP.

djbrendan

Expert Member
I just saw this now, is the price increase only for certain line speeds? I haven't received any E-mails about it, if this is the case I will have to find a new ISP.
Email showed all packages, 50/50 package will be 958pm now, their 10/10 is at R701 pm

Phoned them up, they simply can't mitigate the cost so it sadly has to go into their packages.

djbrendan

Expert Member
I wanted to just go down to 50mbps package but that is still more expensive than what I'm paying now for my 100mbps package

IanM

Same here. 16% during these times is just being greedy. I'm already seeing people talking about adsl again. Back to the stone age for a lot of people i guess.

wingnut771

Executive Member
I've asked around, some isp's are bumping a little bit, like CoolIdeas, others say they won't be going up.
it's just a matter of time until they can't absorb the line increases anymore. those isp's are applying the economies of scale logic, or at least trying to imho.