Mindthespeed.co.za Launching 19 August 2019

Nimz

Expert Member
Every IP on Vumatel is "static", it never changes, unless you ask them to release the mac address bind so that you can get a new IP...
Good to know - I only know about Openserve infrastructure as I use them at 2 locations for my fibre needs

cobusv

nah nothing that excites me on that pricelist will stick with my current provider

marine1

Honorary Master
I'm seriously considering going with them for the 100/100 MFN. Am with cool ideas now

DeSLAM

I must give Mindthespeed support credit - very fast response, and to the point - much faster than Afrihost. :thumbsup:

And I dont shill, so good for them - I wish them well.

Nimz

Expert Member
I must give Mindthespeed support credit - very fast response, and to the point - much faster than Afrihost. :thumbsup:

And I dont shill, so good for them - I wish them well.
New broom always sweeps clean

alqassam

Expert Member
Two months free
To celebrate the launch of its fibre packages, Mind the Speed is offering a range of launch specials.

Clients who place their fibre order before 23 August 2019 will receive their first two months free – and 10% off the monthly price for six months.

Clients will also receive a range of value-added benefits. These include:

• Free Wi-Fi router
  • No installation, activation, or migration charges
  • Free VoIP line and porting should you wish to retain your existing number
  • Static IP on request at no additional cost
  • Free 10GB desktop Cloud backup
Mind the Speed stated that the free installation, activation, or migration will fall away if a user cancels within the first 12 months.

It added that a static IP address can be provided to users at no additional cost, unless they are on the Openserve network – in which case a charge will apply.

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Mind the Speed stated that the free installation, activation, or migration will fall away if a user cancels within the first 12 months.

It added that a static IP address can be provided to users at no additional cost, unless they are on the Openserve network – in which case a charge will apply.
Cancel within 12 months and you'll be liable for the transfer fee, and now they want to charge when their website says otherwise

They need to get their ducks in a row

alqassam

Expert Member
The last new ISP I tried was crystalweb when they launched in mybb and they had a ton of issues.

I'm hesitant to try this but 2months free and 10% off. But to be stuck for 12 months is an issue

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
The last new ISP I tried was crystalweb when they launched in mybb and they had a ton of issues.

I'm hesitant to try this but 2months free and 10% off. But to be stuck for 12 months is an issue
In the same boat - thinking / wanting to cancel with CISP due to their pricing but reluctant to move to an ISP that has no prior history..

Im all for supporting the underdog

furpile

Expert Member
It seems that there are so many fibre ISP's now they are cutting their own throats trying to get customers. Everybody is now giving free installation, free router, a few months free subscription etc, and try to have the lowest monthly cost. A few years back you still had to pay a few grand for installation, and then they said they only make money after 2 years or something. I just hope that most of these ISP's don't undercut themselves so much they go under.

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
I'm sure a bunch of your clients thought the same when they joined you when you launched. :p
You’re so right, and I’m so tempted, BUT I loathe being forced into “contracts”. Still in two minds about this, will have to ponder over it tomorrow

cavedog

Honorary Master
You’re so right, and I’m so tempted, BUT I loathe being forced into “contracts”. Still in two minds about this, will have to ponder over it tomorrow
Yeah me too hey. I don't like clawbacks at all and Supersonic did me bad with a R2800 cancellation I had to fight them at ISPA tooth and nail because they can't provide me with the service I paid for and when I cancelled boom enjoy your R2800 cancellation fee.

Personally I won't go for anything that has more than 6 months clawback anyways and if there is a clawback it should be very clear.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Yeah me too hey. I don't like clawbacks at all and Supersonic did me bad with a R2800 cancellation I had to fight them at ISPA tooth and nail because they can't provide me with the service I paid for and when I cancelled boom enjoy your R2800 cancellation fee.

Personally I won't go for anything that has more than 6 months clawback anyways and if there is a clawback it should be very clear.
was with macrolan for 1 month, didn't take a router, no charges when i left.