Mindthespeed.co.za Launching 19 August 2019

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
We’re with openserve, will take a look at macrolan and let you know - shot for the referral

Nixnax

Yes but same with any ISP right? You have to start somewhere.
I agree, - we're with Cell C, no hassles to speak of, but Cell C in dire pooh, hence looking around for alternate ISP before they hit the wall.

binloud

Any signups yet? Feedback would be great looking to try them out and would like someone else test the water ;)

ld13

Honorary Master
Nope, probably not going with them. Too new. No track record. They lied about their pricing etc etc. If I wanted new and no track record, I can go with the actual cheapest provider, bioniq.co.za on frogfoot afaik, and see how things turn out there rather. At least they have not lied to me as of yet.

DaHammer

Just took the plunge and signed up with MTS on SADV with a 50/50mbps line in Summerstrand PE . Holding thumbs for a good experience. I've attached the clawback notes from my contract, in case anyone needs it. Only real bother for me is the clawback contract duration, when compared to e.g Axxess's 6 months. I'll post an update when I'm live on their system.

Attachments

DaHammer

They lock you in for 24 months. Absolutely insane.
I know, but not how I looked at it. Cancel the contract R1150 and return router courier fees is the only knock I'll take, unless I'm missing something.

alqassam

Expert Member
I know, but not how I looked at it. Cancel the contract R1150 and return router courier fees is the only knock I'll take, unless I'm missing something.
Sonic you migrate you pay 595 and 12 months or if new install it's 24 months.

2 months free will cover that anyway

DaHammer

Sonic you migrate you pay 595 and 12 months or if new install it's 24 months.

2 months free will cover that anyway
Agreed. Don't forget 10% discount for the first six months, which comes to R528 saving on my package.

Intox

Here is my experience ordering a new line 10/10 Mbps

Signed up on the 21st for a new install on Metrofibre
22nd Mindthespeed followed up and answered some questions I had regarding the fibre install.
MetroFibre called late afternoon and scheduled install for 23rd
I called Mindthespeed and they said they will have the modem delivered on the 23rd so that I am up and running asap.

23rd

Install happened around 12 and was quick took around 20 mins for Metrofibre to test and install the ONT
Router arrived via courier around 14:00
Fibre Activated and working 17:30

I was really not expecting it to go this quick, I was planning for 2 weeks but hey I am not complaining :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
Here is my experience ordering a new line 10/10 Mbps

Signed up on the 21st for a new install on Metrofibre
22nd Mindthespeed followed up and answered some questions I had regarding the fibre install.
MetroFibre called late afternoon and scheduled install for 23rd
I called Mindthespeed and they said they will have the modem delivered on the 23rd so that I am up and running asap.

23rd

Install happened around 12 and was quick took around 20 mins for Metrofibre to test and install the ONT
Router arrived via courier around 14:00
Fibre Activated and working 17:30

I was really not expecting it to go this quick.

What network do they use? When you do a speedtest does it show Mind the Speed as your ISP?

alqassam

Expert Member
Agreed. Don't forget 10% discount for the first six months, which comes to R528 saving on my package.
I bit the bullet and applied let's hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

Going from 10/10 rocketnet to 25/25 here on MFN