Mini lockdowns and regional restrictions considered for South Africa

Corelli

Expert Member
Canalwalk on blackfriday was long queues, people not wearing masks or masks pulled down to their chin, no social distancing, was completely packed that I fled it after entering. It was as hectic as when covid wasnt there, but no one actually followed the rules. Checker installed a queue barrier but it bundled everyone up and no space inbetween and inside so congested and long queues. I can fully understand a lockdown

binkybozo

Canalwalk on blackfriday was long queues, people not wearing masks or masks pulled down to their chin, no social distancing, was completely packed that I fled it after entering. It was as hectic as when covid wasnt there, but no one actually followed the rules. Checker installed a queue barrier but it bundled everyone up and no space inbetween and inside so congested and long queues. I can fully understand a lockdown
It is the same in the Germiston Lambton area. You should see the queues at the post office. Everyone huddled together and only a few are wearing a mask. Same when you drive through Germiston people walking around without their masks.
We are supposed to go to the coast to visit my sister-in-law during the Dec. school holiday but we are haven't made any written-in-stone plans because we have been guessing that there will some sort of mini lockdown during the holidays to keep people from gathering.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It is the same in the Germiston Lambton area. You should see the queues at the post office. Everyone huddled together and only a few are wearing a mask. Same when you drive through Germiston people walking around without their masks.
Post Offices in PE are a nightmare with everyone queuing for their R350 grants. I'm not looking forward to renewing my vehicle license in December.

At least people are wearing masks at the mall I frequent.

pezulu

Expert Member
My experience is limited to Centurion, but here it also seems as though many people don't care.
I noticed 2 wheelie bin raiders pushing their carts down the street, with both their masks under their chins.
A matronly white lady wanting to walk into our local Spar, while carrying her mask in her hand. Her argument was that she has her mask with her, and it should be good enough.
Until people don't all just buckle down and do as they are supposed to, the virus will thrive.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
“When we see the numbers that we do now, we need to start restricting the hours of movement, particularly in the evening,” he said.
“We also have to look at the numbers in the hospitals to look at the impact of alcohol-induced pressure and start discussing issues in that regard.”

:unsure: Probability of longer curfews and stricter alcohol sale hours, maybe? Will that then just be in NMB area?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Let's not forget that for the last 2 weeks or so Gauteng numbers haven't been given accurately maybe never considering the frak up.
I mean if you actively go looking for something you're going to find it.

Dups!

Expert Member
I had a verbal fight that almost turned into a physical one with some idiot in a supermarket.

I politely asked him to keep the proper distance and he got mad and assumed that I think I am better than him.

I got pissed off and told him if he was not willing to protect himself and other people then he doesn't deserve to be let into the store.

tjma2001

If the government takes away my December.. I am gonna be made as hell and punch some water.

Reactions: XTM

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
I hate going shopping. People have no regard for social distancing. When you point it out to them they think you are being an ******* and tell you to get f**ked. This country deserves every bad thing that's coming for it.

Unfortunately this is equivalent to a Tragedy of the Commons:
Those who are being selfish, are probably not the ones who will have to bear the consequences...

Nemesys

And yet people fall for the hype of this doom virus . I would have thought most people had a look at the evidence by now and can see thru the BS .

PS. We are not going to die like flies
21439 Confirmed deaths and an increase of 45000 unexplained increase of natural deaths above the expected number for the year to date and you still think it is BS. It is not a hype it is a reality. The sooner people remove the blinkers from their eyes and start working together the sooner we will return to normality.

Kola_CT

Expert Member
I had a verbal fight that almost turned into a physical one with some idiot in a supermarket.

I politely asked him to keep the proper distance and he got mad and assumed that I think I am better than him.

I got pissed off and told him if he was not willing to protect himself and other people then he doesn't deserve to be let into the store.
That would really have screwed with proper distance...

Slegdehammer67

There are two parts to this equation AND they are interlinked and CANNOT be looked at in isolation, these are directly linked to one another:

1. Infection rate;
2. Fatalities rate.

If the Powers-that-be ONLY focuses their attention on the infection rate, they will base all of their decisions solely on 'Fear Science and that WILL come back to bite them economically VERY badly as Fear Science is NOT a Science.

This is the thing: it is a well-known fact that the more you test the more infections will be detected, it stands to reason - it is not because there is a spike all of sudden.

Anyway, what do I know...OR is this done deliberately?

Last edited: