Minister Faith Muthambi rejected by university

The_MAC

Executive Member
Welcome to the real world Faith, one with rules and regulations..

I think you might have better luck trying to get an honorary doctorate from some weird University no one has ever heard of..

The_MAC

Executive Member
Welcome to the real world Faith, one with rules and regulations..

I think you might have better luck trying to get an honorary doctorate from some weird University no one has ever heard of..
On a more serious note, I know of some companies (Eskom for example), who allow you to "convert" experience into formal qualifications, but these are only valid for internal job applications, they are not valid outside of the company.

BlackMamba

Expert Member
It's at least good to see a messed up, over payed and spoiled minister try to get education....Can the President do the same please

Excalibur

Expert Member
Looking at her profile Faith qualifies to study for the Masters through RPL. I would advice her to try another institution.

SilverCode

It's at least good to see a messed up, over payed and spoiled minister try to get education....Can the President do the same please
She was probably just trying to get the piece of paper which said she had an education, and wasn't actually interested in the education itself.

Nod

Executive Member
On a more serious note, I know of some companies (Eskom for example), who allow you to "convert" experience into formal qualifications, but these are only valid for internal job applications, they are not valid outside of the company.
SAQA does this as well. Convert related experience into a qualification.

Seriously

Honorary Master
I think she has a point. Why was her application even made public and why was the impression created that she was trying to use her government position to force her way into the university? She submitted an application just like anyone else. Here is her full letter:
http://www.news24.com/Columnists/GuestColumn/a-letter-by-faith-muthambi-to-tut-20170316
I understood that since I did not have a degree in Journalism, I would be expected to undergo the process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). To this end, I submitted the required documentation.
In this capacity, I work closely with journalists and communicators. To complement this experiential knowledge, I thought it would be in my interest to [-]study for [/-] RECIEVE for mahala an MTech in Journalism
/Fixed:

So anyone may as well apply to study as a medical proffesionsl or even brain surgeon because they came in close contact with the doctors and nurses being a patient during a lenthy treatment in a hospital and use the RPL process to bypass the systems to ensure only really qualified individuals get the degrees. What an idiotic chump.

I actually now would question her so called degree in law.

Last edited:

C4Cat

Executive Member
/Fixed:

So anyone may as well apply to study as a medical proffesionsl or even brain surgeon because they came in close contact with the doctors and nurses being a patient during a lenthy treatment in a hospital and use the RPL process to bypass the systems to ensure only really qualified individuals get the degrees. What an idiotic chump.

I actually now would question her so called degree in law.
Oh yes, alternative facts :rolleyes: