Minister Mkhize must step aside; Tax revolt imminent

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
So as soon as you lose your job, you lose your right to vote?

I think he may be referring to taxpayers being one of the qualifications to be allowed to vote. Like Socrates' qualified voter:

Socrates was of the belief that democracy without educated masses (educated in the broader sense of being knowledgeable and responsible) would only lead to populism being the criteria to become an elected leader, and not competence. This would ultimately lead to a demise of the nation. This was quoted by Plato in book 10 of The Republic, in Socrates' conversation with Adimantus. Socrates was of the opinion that the right to vote must not be an indiscriminate right (for example by birth or citizenship), but must be given only to people who thought sufficiently of their choice.

In the Republic, Plato's Socrates raises a number of objections to democracy. He claims that democracy is a danger due to excessive freedom. He also argues that in a system in which everyone has a right to rule all sorts of selfish people who care nothing for the people but are only motivated by their own personal desires are able to attain power. He concludes that democracy risks bringing dictators, tyrants, and demagogues to power. He also claims that democracies have leaders without proper skills or morals and that it is quite unlikely that the best equipped to rule will come to power

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
What book will literally be thrown at you and by whom? Position? Distance? I'm trying to figure out what sort of damage it could do.

The law book. Whites will be prosecuted to a different standard to black BEE persons. Examples:

Penny Sparrow
Vicky Momberg
Coligny Two
Coffin Case

TheChamp

Honorary Master
You can't as an individual, a company could. But even if you could, if you are a "white person" (perception is everything) or in any way perceived as WMC, and stop paying taxes, you'll literally get the book thrown at you.
Sounds like the usual white persecution complex, unless you can explain how would you get away without paying tax if you are black, coloured or Indian?

surface

Honorary Master
You can't as an individual, a company could. But even if you could, if you are a "white person" (perception is everything) or in any way perceived as WMC, and stop paying taxes, you'll literally get the book thrown at you.
Thanks for paying my taxes. How do you do it as a "white person" ? Too much compassion?

Messugga

Honorary Master
The law book. Whites will be prosecuted to a different standard to black BEE persons. Examples:

Penny Sparrow
Vicky Momberg
Coligny Two
Coffin Case
That's a pretty heavy book hey.... can crack a skull if the person throwing it is strong enough. Sheesh. Scary.

Gnome

Executive Member
Thanks for paying my taxes. How do you do it as a "white person" ? Too much compassion?
Black people likely pay most if not a significant part of the tax. I'm saying the "PERCEPTION" created by the EFF and ANC is that WMC controls the economy and therefore they are always the tax complainers.

surface

Honorary Master
Black people likely pay most if not a significant part of the tax. I'm saying the "PERCEPTION" created by the EFF and ANC is that WMC controls the economy and therefore they are always the tax complainers.
Sure, do you know that there is a perception on mybb that white people pay most of the tax but at the same time most of them are landless, jobless, homeless because of BEE?

Can we fight one perception against other and decide who wins?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Whites are disenfranchised from taking part in the economy by BEE, AA and EE.
Designated groups according to AA/EE laws: black people (black Africans, Coloureds and Indians), people with disabilities (of all colours) and women (of all colours).

TooFastTim

Expert Member

Recently govt official (ministry of finance/SARS. I forget) admitted that about 80% of income tax is paid by whites. Can't remember the source but if you look hard enough you'll find it.

edit: found it. It may be b&llsh1t though.

https://citizen.co.za/news/opinion/1541037/mbalula-claims-80-sa-tax-dependent-whites/

vigras rojara

Expert Member

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Recently govt official (ministry of finance/SARS. I forget) admitted that about 80% of income tax is paid by whites. Can't remember the source but if you look hard enough you'll find it.

edit: found it. It may be b&llsh1t though.

https://citizen.co.za/news/opinion/1541037/mbalula-claims-80-sa-tax-dependent-whites/
Kind of doubt it, would think it's a bit more even since it would be based on middle and high income earners and over the last 20 years there are enough non whites that are earning well enough. Could still be a majority, but tops 60%, and would doubt it tbh.

TooFastTim

Expert Member
Kind of doubt it, would think it's a bit more even since it would be based on middle and high income earners and over the last 20 years there are enough non whites that are earning well enough. Could still be a majority, but tops 60%, and would doubt it tbh.

Dunno. Was Mbalula just blowing EWC/WMC smoke?

A lot of the black high income earners are employed in govt or SOE's in which case they can't really be considered tax payers as they are nett tax consumers.

IdlePhaedrus

Expert Member
Serious question out of interest if someone here is a tax consultant of some sort. If one were to consider revolting on tax, would it be less punitive to:
  1. Not declare at all?
  2. Declare, but not pay (and perhaps ringfence such proceeds to the Guavament)?
Asking for a friend...

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
So when does this ANC criminal step aside. One can see why he is so hard-up for NHI. Bottomless looting forever.

Well done CR, you sure know how to choose them. One criminal after another.