Minister Mkhize must step aside; Tax revolt imminent

krycor

Honorary Master
Uhm I think Afriforum need to be careful.. they basically asking for something which won’t get past constitutional muster ie asking the minister to step down with zero evidence or actual criminal charge against him implicating him in this.

2ndly a political party asking justifying tax evasion.. yah I might need to look this up but that’s not allowed. Haha.

Why is this, step down, a problem? If this works then watch how quickly every single politician will have some imaginary claimed association or link to real fraud and we all demand they step down. what’s wrong with that hey.. haha. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander?

Just saying.. Cyril could laugh off Ace because he tried the same BS.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Serious question out of interest if someone here is a tax consultant of some sort. If one were to consider revolting on tax, would it be less punitive to:
  1. Not declare at all?
  2. Declare, but not pay (and perhaps ringfence such proceeds to the Guavament)?
Asking for a friend...
What will happen is an organization will step in as the middle man. So you will be paying to the organization who is responsible for paying to SARS. But they won't pay until certain conditions are met. Or that is what I would imagine. I guess they will still hold you liable, but gonna be difficult to take 1000's to court.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Uhm I think Afriforum need to be careful.. they basically asking for something which won’t get past constitutional muster ie asking the minister to step down with zero evidence or actual criminal charge against him implicating him in this.

2ndly a political party asking justifying tax evasion.. yah I might need to look this up but that’s not allowed. Haha.

Why is this, step down, a problem? If this works then watch how quickly every single politician will have some imaginary claimed association or link to real fraud and we all demand they step down. what’s wrong with that hey.. haha. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander?

None so blind as an ANC supporter unless such ANC supporter is in on the cut.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Sounds like the usual white persecution complex, unless you can explain how would you get away without paying tax if you are black, coloured or Indian?

Whites are held to a different judicial standard. Examples:

Penny Sparrow
Vicky Momberg
Coligny Two
Coffin Case

TheChamp

Honorary Master

Dunno. Was Mbalula just blowing EWC/WMC smoke?

A lot of the black high income earners are employed in govt or SOE's in which case they can't really be considered tax payers as they are nett tax consumers.
His claims are not even worth entertaining without any further explanation and elaboration from him, so they can safely be dismissed as rubbish.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Designated groups according to AA/EE laws: black people (black Africans, Coloureds and Indians), people with disabilities (of all colours) and women (of all colours).

So, are white males disenfranchised from the economy or not? Why the lie by omission?

Last edited:

John Tempus

Executive Member
Tax revolt is not a choice these days. Most people who lost their jobs or a reduction in salary effectively tax revolted without even having any say in the matter.

This will just lead to lower and lower tax collections.

So the idea of a tax revolt is already reality and not directly because of choice.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Dunno. Was Mbalula just blowing EWC/WMC smoke?

A lot of the black high income earners are employed in govt or SOE's in which case they can't really be considered tax payers as they are nett tax consumers.

Correct. There are 29 000 civil service employees earning over R1 million PA. None will be white males.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

1. AfriForum is not a political party.

2. They did not justify tax evasion. They stated they have had many queries regarding a tax revolt.

3. Read before you ramble on again.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Whites are held to a different judicial standard. Examples:

Penny Sparrow
Vicky Momberg
Coligny Two
Coffin Case
Abslute rubbish as usual.

Mathew Theunissen got away with nothing but community service after pulling a similar racist stunt.

Vicky Momberg got exactly what she deserved, there's nothing untoward about her sentence, unless you know a black person who treated the court with contempt and disrespect the same way Momberg did and got away with it.

Coligny Two are not the first people in the history of the country to have a conviction overturned.

Same with the coffin case.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Oh wow.

Even back in the days of job reservation for white people I didn't know anyone who worked for Home Affairs.

I'm sure you did though, you seem to be rather bitter about the loss of sheltered employment opportunities.

I asked whether you have ever seen a white male behind the counter at Home Affairs or any state institution for that matter? Lets make it now and not during apartheid? Let's get with the effects off AA today.

vigras rojara

Expert Member
I asked whether you have ever seen a white male behind the counter at Home Affairs or any state institution for that matter? Lets make it now and not during apartheid? Let's get with the effects off AA today.
And I asked about all these unemployed white people. Why is Home Affairs relevant?