Minister Mkhize must step aside; Tax revolt imminent

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

Translation:

The civil rights organisation AfriForum submitted a complaint on 25 May 2021, to the Public Protector and requested Dr Zweli Mkhize, Minister of Health, to step aside. The organisation wants Mkhize to step aside until the Special Investigating Unit has finalised its investigation into his knowledge of alleged corruption and looting of public funds by respectively his former personal assistant and media spokesperson.

According to Johan Kruger, Head of Community Development at AfriForum, the ANC must start actively to eradicate the corruption pandemic in its own ranks. “The ANC should have Dr Zweli Mkhize step aside pending the outcome of the investigation against him. Anything less would be tantamount to a betrayal of the communities who suffer under the COVID pandemic,” Kruger says.

“Taxpayers are at breaking point yet are confronted daily with reports of new looting sprees by ANC officials. The ANC government clearly does not realise what levels of frustration exist among taxpayers. AfriForum is inundated by perplexed communities who are actively investigating tax revolts,” Kruger explains.

According to Kruger, these serious allegations of corruption do not bode well for the National Health Insurance (NHI) that the ANC wants to implement by hook or by crook. “The looting of resources at the first opportunity during a pandemic does indeed predict what can be expected when resources are managed centrally if and when NHI becomes a reality.”
riveting.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master

Tax revolt imminent​

lol no it's not. I'd guess 90%+ of taxpayers are on a salary and PAYE deductions basically cover their tax contribution already - more or less - the estimates tend to be pretty good

On the employer side laws around not deducting and paying over PAYE are (very) aggressively enforced so no sane company director will OK any kind of tax withholding venture. (PAYE & UIF shenanigans are one of the few things where SA is open to the idea of going after directors in their personal capacity - rightly so I should add...deducting from paycheque but employee not getting credit for it on state side is evil AF).

Those two points mean there is fkall tax revolt imminent nor is there any real chance of one in near future. The only ones achieving any kind of real traction on this right now are the ones paying taxes in Perth frankly. And self-employed/cash biz people that are OK with straight up tax evasion I guess.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
The gud minister will not step aside. He will bleat, holler and scream evry step of the way. He ain't ever going to fall on his sword ... for this ain't the ANC way!

Viva ANC, viva! :love:
The question is, should he be falling on his sword? Last time I checked there wasn't any findings of wrongdoing against him.

surface

Honorary Master
So, who has joined tax revolt already? Be honest if that is possible for you.

surface

Honorary Master
Seems the ANC has:
I see. If I have to borrow a term made popular by my long time comrade @TheChamp , I knew that Great Liberation Movement will show us the way.

I have drafted a mail to my directors to ask if they are willing to stop paying taxes to SARS. I shall inform you all of their decision. No doubt they will make the right decision being of European descent

krycor

Honorary Master
1. AfriForum is not a political party.

2. They did not justify tax evasion. They stated they have had many queries regarding a tax revolt.

3. Read before you ramble on again.

Yah I realized about the political party things after.

krycor

Honorary Master
I see the ComRats are trying their best to derail the thread.

Zuma is not yet in jail decades later, state capture is still a discussion, mean time ANC used covid to steal billions more.

Maybe this ANC cretin gets charged in a decade. The ANC is destroying this country.

Well if there is no evidence as presently then try 100yrs..

surface

Honorary Master
Out of loop. Did the guys here who were threatening to do this did it yet?

Thor

Honorary Master
SA Inc is too afraid to actually do a tax revolt.

So it will never ever happen.

There will never be a tax revolt in South Africa, ever.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
SA Inc is too afraid to actually do a tax revolt.

So it will never ever happen.

There will never be a tax revolt in South Africa, ever.
How do you see a tax revolt happening anyway when paye is deducted from payroll

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
How do you see a tax revolt happening anyway when paye is deducted from payroll

The only way PAYE employees can participate in a tax revolt is to not submit a tax return. The government can't lock up all it's minority taxpayers.