Minister of Health Zweli Mkhize considerings resigning following alleged involvement in tender scandal

ponder

Honorary Master
I am 100% against Trump but about 70% for Biden. Now what? Life is not binary - that was the point in case you missed. You didn't of course and just stirring as usual. :ROFL:

100%, not in agreement with a single policy/stance? Even ones Biden are carrying on with or ramping up?

surface

Honorary Master
100%, not in agreement with a single policy/stance? Even ones Biden are carrying on with or ramping up?
Not sure what you read in my post. Let us say there are 100 tasks/policies that Biden is busy with. Tentatively speaking, I am in agreement with 70 of those tasks/policies. It could be 70.126% but you know how it goes. One can't be precise about such things.

And he may not be busy with 100 tasks/policies but many more or many less. And if we want to be pedantic, it is possible that I am not 100% in agreement with "all" aspects of those 70 policies as I haven't read all of them.

surface

Honorary Master
He is already occupying a cabinet post as a Deputy Minister.
apparently not so as per paywalled article on news24.

Deputy Health Minister Joe Phaahla might have the capacity to act as health minister, but he doesn't qualify to do so, according to acting Minister in the Presidency Khumbudzo Ntshavheni.
During a briefing with journalists on Thursday, she told journalists that deputy ministers were not part of the Cabinet and could therefore not act as ministers.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
apparently not so as per paywalled article on news24.
Yes, it's a very odd arrangement though because it looks like Deputy Ministers don't belong anywhere, according to this they are not even part of the executive arm of government.

Peter Bruce made the point that Ramaphosa clearly thinks Mkhize will be reinstated as the acting minister is the tourism minister who has no medical qualifications --- one of the requirements that the ANC for the position of Health Minister.

Flanders

Honorary Master
This whole New Dawn farce is getting a bit long in the tooth now. Or is that short in the shadow?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Peter Bruce made the point that Ramaphosa clearly thinks Mkhize will be reinstated as the acting minister is the tourism minister who has no medical qualifications --- one of the requirements that the ANC for the position of Health Minister.
Isn't Peter Bruce just lazy to think? There's something called a reshuffle and appointment of new Ministers.

surface

Honorary Master
thanks dude. But I got a job... give the tender to someone who needs it. (And CR wants it to be a black person)
You got job and you are a white person? How is this possible? Next thing you will tell me you still has your house ?